Author Topic: Plantronics CS60 USB-DECT  (Read 3162 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Plantronics CS60 USB-DECT
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
Hi guys,
I've tested a new wireless mic "Plantronics CS60 USB-DECT" to use with VoxCommando. This mic is normally used for VOIP (skype, ...) and the base of this mic is connected with a USB cable to the PC.
The headset self send and receive the audio with DECT technology (1,8-1,9MHz frequency) and has a really big range (50 meter inside a house and over 100 meter outside).
The only weak point - it is mono (good for a TTS Voice response) but bad to hear music with it.

How does work with VoxCommando?
First tests looks pretty good - recognition rate is 90-95% in VoxCommando for each command.

conclusion: If you plan to buy a headset to use it with VoxCommando and also with skype, take a look on ebay for a cheap "Plantronics CS60-USB.
There are two different Plantronics CS60 available, one with USB and one without USB. To use the headset with VoxCommando you need to buy the USB version.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Plantronics-CS60-USB-VOIP-Wireless-Funk-Kopfbugel-mit-Basisstation-Headset-DECT-/181069727021?pt=DE_Technik_Computerzubeh%C3%B6r_Multimedia&hash=item2a2898c52d#ht_808wt_1401

Kalle
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:56:12 PM by jitterjames »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Plantronics CS60 USB-DECT
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »
Thanks for the report Kalle.

This looks like a really good option if you can find one that fits your budget.  It is hard to find them at an affordable price here in Canada, and they are very expensive to buy new, I think.

As I understand it, DECT is specifically for digital voice communication.

I have heard that these plantronics headsets also have very good noise cancelling technology, so hopefully this will work well even with a certain amount of background noise. :)

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
Thanks for letting us know.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
I am using this microphone and it works great.  The specs says that the range is up to 100 meters.  I've tested this theory and it worked flawlessly in an environment with multiple room dividing walls.  I am very please with this microphone and would definetly recommend it.  One thing I would point out is that this mic is expensive if bought brand new.  I purchased mine on ebay.