Author Topic: Creating Macros  (Read 3033 times)

rock73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Creating Macros
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:15:52 PM »
I downloaded VoxCommando and the MC plugin for Win7 x64 and the program is working great. The only problem I'm having is trying to create custom macros.  I'm more of a novice computer user and have never attempted anything like this before so I haven't been able to figure it out.  What I would like to be able to do is to tune to a specific channel while watching live TV.  Either by, saying the command "channel" and then being able to say whatever channel number I want to go to or to at least be able to create commands for some of my favorite channels for example saying NFL and having it tune to channel 1705. The other one is to add a few Media Center keyboard shortcuts for actions that are not already available for example CTRL + SHIFT + S to stop live radio.

Thanks in advance for any help.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Creating Macros
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
Hi Rock73.

You should check out the wiki (there's a link at the top of the forum) and also these video tutorials:

&feature=view_all

There are two core actions in VC for keyboard emulation (sendkeys and inputkeys) and there is also a plugin called DxInput that you can try if the other two don't work.  I'm not 100% sure what you mean by MC plugin but I guess you are using Windows Media Center and using the VMC controller plugin with that?  Unfotunately the control of Windows media center is somewhat limited and the VMC controller plugin doesn't seem to be in development any more.  I prefer XBMC but there is also pretty good control of MediaPortal and more to come I think.

Hopefully you can figure out what you need to do in WMC using keyboard shortcuts.

Welcome to VoxCommando!

rock73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. The videos helped a lot. I think I should be able to figure it out with a little work. Thanks again.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. The videos helped a lot. I think I should be able to figure it out with a little work. Thanks again.
Great.  Once you get the basics sorted, if you run into any problems and have a specific question, don't hesitate to ask here.  If you give me specific information about what is working and where you are stuck, I (we  ;)) will always do my best to help.