Author Topic: triggering a vc event from eventghost  (Read 9812 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: triggering a vc event from eventghost
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »
I fixed the problem where VC would automatically go into standby from the off state when the idle timer is enabled.  If there is something else you need please try to explain it as clearly as possible because I don't understand either.  I get that you want to disable auto standby mode but I don't see the big picture of how you are setting things up.  Maybe it's not necessary to do it this way.

I will see about turning the idle timer on and off via code but if you don't want to wait for the next release there may be another solution.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 09:16:48 AM »
James, please take look of my post before, I modify it
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »

@James: It is possible to trigger the amuletUSB.exe with prefix or any hard button (on a other remote) over EG? This where a new cool feature for anyone who does not has a "Amulet-remote".
This has been possible almost since the first version of VoxCommando by using eventGhost.  You can send events and even actions directly from EventGhost to VoxCommando, so any remote that works with eventGhost can be used to turn VC on and off.

You don't need to use amuletUSB though, since that is only for the amulet accelerometer.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »
This has been possible almost since the first version of VoxCommando by using eventGhost.  You can send events and even actions directly from EventGhost to VoxCommando, so any remote that works with eventGhost can be used to turn VC on and off.

You don't need to use amuletUSB though, since that is only for the amulet accelerometer.
:bonk sorry, is logically I had not previously considered. I was just full of enthusiasm  ::duh
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »
you can override the idle time-out in 0.939

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=720.msg5651#msg5651