Author Topic: XBOX360 wireless headset  (Read 2464 times)

Christian

• View Profile
XBOX360 wireless headset
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »
I've tested this headset with VC and it works quite well.
The range is good and VC seems to understand me without any big problems. (not more than my array mic).

The only issue I've experienced is that if I mute the headset with the button and then turn it on again, VC stops recognizing.
So far the only solution is to restart VC, but I will post some more info if I can find a fix for it.

Another downside is that the headset needs a little usb reciever connected to the PC to work.
This unit is as far as I know sold seperatley, but allso in a pack with a XBOX360 wireless controller for PC.
“Wherever beer is brewed, all is well-wherever beer is drunk, life is good.” — Czech proverb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: XBOX360 wireless headset
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:34:05 PM »
is that a bluetooth heatset?  I wouldn't expect to get great results from that, but if it is good enough, then it's good enough!

instead of completely restarting VC it is usually sufficient to switch to 'off' mode and then back to 'on' or 'standby'.  This reinitializes the microphone.

You can also go to VC options and look on the right side of the advanced tab.  There are settings there to check the mic status every so often and try to reinitialize it if it seems like it's not working.  It is not my favourite solution since it uses constant, periodic polling, but it might work for your situation.  On the other hand it will probably keep trying to reinitialize while your mic is still muted so it could cause more problems than it solves.

Christian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:57:40 AM »
It's not bluetooth as far as I know.
Microsoft has released a bluetooh headset for xbox as well, but the old one I bought is without, but still on the 2.4GHz freq.

My flat has concrete walls and I have tried bluetooth headsets here, but the xbox headset seems to work better for some reason.

I check what you said regarding on and off and that works. My only problem is that my home automation server is supposed to run without a monitor, so I have to connect via teamviewer every time and that's not an optimal situation.

Thank you for the feedback, I will check out what you described regarding checking the mic status and see if that could help.
“Wherever beer is brewed, all is well-wherever beer is drunk, life is good.” — Czech proverb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 08:48:12 AM »
It might be possible to detect the reconnect of the mic using eventGhost.  If so, you could sent a command from eventGhost to VC to tell it to reset the mic.

Or you could just use a button on your remote to do the same thing.

Christian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
Luckily this problem is gone now, so everything seems to be ok in vista when it comes to mute/unmute and on/off.. :D

Thanks anyway for the tips!  :)