Author Topic: Android phone  (Read 9278 times)

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Android phone
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
I found a different app on the android market named WO Mic (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wo.voice&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS53by52b2ljZSJd).
It also records your voice via the android phone (BT/WIFI/USB) and sends it to a server you have to install on your computer. I sent an email to the creator of the app with a request to add a tilt option (like the amulet remote has). This feature is now in version 1.9 (although you have to tilt the device to landscape mode to do it).

There is one other problem though: according to this page the program using the audio source needs windows Directsound to appear in the microphone device list of a certain program. Could this be implemented in VC? I have no clue how that works though
***Note: this only applies to Windows program supporting DirectSound technology like VLC media player. If your tool does not support it, "WO Mic" will not appear in microphone device list. However, you are still able to use this app, though you need to get one male-to-male headset jack.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »
Thanks Painy.  Good to know you are still around:)

I don't currently have access to an Android device so I cannot test it.

It needs to show up as a windows input device (e.g. microphone) that can then be set as the default input device or VC can't use it.*

Mobiola does this and it works, sound quality is good and delays are acceptable, but they don't have a tilt feature.

* The only other way VC can get sound input is if you drop a .wav file into the wavwatch folder.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
Haha, great to know my absence was noticed :).

The creators of the software are working on a way for it to show up as a windows input device.
(> BTW: we have plan to develop the kernel mode Mic driver once we
> collecting enough money to apply to Microft to certify the driver (the
> certification is mandatory). When the kernel driver, you can use this
> app with any programms needing no jacks at all.)

I'm not sure how long that would take though. Sound quality of WO mic is great as well, as is the speed.