Author Topic: Prefix not working for MediaMonkey  (Read 2154 times)

fattybunter

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Prefix not working for MediaMonkey
« on: June 22, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »

1) use different phrases for each program, or use a prefix.  Each group of commands can be given it's own prefix that overrides the standard prefix.  So you could use Monkey as the prefix for all your MediaMonkey Commands if you like.

First of all - Thanks for a wonderful program, James.  I'm very happy with my purchase.  Vox + EventGhost + XBMC + Kinect = HTPC GLORY.  I am LOVING it.

That said, I do have a minor problem  :).  I have the same setup as the OP of the post I referenced - Vox, EG, XBMC, MM.  I use MM for music and XBMC for everything else.  I want to use the prefix "Music" for all MediaMonkey commands so I right-clicked on the MediaMonkey groups I have (taken from the global list) and put "Music" in the alternate prefix box.  Restarted Vox, but I still have the problem where Vox will issue commands to MediaMonkey even when I don't use the prefix "Music".

What gives?

(happy to provide more information)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Prefix not working for MediaMonkey
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 05:00:02 PM »
the prefix is by design, optional, unless you are in standby mode in which case you must say it or the command will be ignored.  The original purpose of the prefix was to allow you to issue commands even when in standby without having to give the listen command first.  If you want to make the prefix mandatory for all MM commands using the current version of VC you should put the phrase "music" at the beginning of each command instead of using the prefix.  In theory I could make an option to make a prefix non-optional, but I am busy at the moment so you would have to wait a while for that feature.  I wonder if anyone else would want this?

fattybunter

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »
Ah - makes sense now.  Thanks so much for the response.  Adding "music" to the beginning of my commands shouldn't be a problem.

As far as adding what I was attempting as a feature - I think if you do, it would also make sense to be able to have a tiered directory/grouping structure too so you could assign a mandatory prefix to several sub-directories as well.

e.g.

Music
    ->  MediaMonkey
            ->  Simple Commands
                    -> Play

(hope that's clear)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:07:11 PM »
Where are my manners?  Thanks for you kind words and welcome to the VC group!

If you are going to create phrases to put in front of each command, you'll probably want to take advantage of Alt-C to clone a phrase.  Then drag the clone to the next command and repeat.

btw, you mention using Kinect.  Are you already using it as a microphone for VoxCommando and having good results?  I have not been impressed with the Kinect so far as a "generic" microphone.  I am curious to hear your thoughts and how you have tested it (e.g. distance, background noise, music playing, movies playing etc).