Author Topic: Sending and extracting payloads  (Read 2866 times)

mmmike

• View Profile
Sending and extracting payloads
« on: August 03, 2010, 07:17:43 PM »
Hi!

First, thanks for a great application! I really love the combination of VoxCommando and EventGhost seems like the possibilities for home automation are endless. Im currently working on making my computer into a voice-controlled alarm clock, now how useful wouldn't that be!?

However i am having some trouble with the payloads from WoxCommando (v0733). If for instance if i create a command like this:

<command name="test" enabled="true">
            <phrase>test</phrase>
         <payloadList>1,2,3</payloadList>
        </command>

and then say "test 1 2 3"
The event in eventghost looks like:

Brodcast.test&&1&&2&&3 ´192.168.1.1´

Looking in the Brodcaster script file, the ipadress is only added as a payload if the text ",payload=" is not found in the received string so i changed the the command name to "test,palyload=" and got:

Brodcast.test '&&1&&2&&3'

Ok i can work with that but i don't see any extra ",palyload=" text in the example commands so i was wondering if i have completely missed something or if there is something else that i have done wrong in my setup???

Regards
Mikael

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Sending and extracting payloads
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:57:25 PM »
Welcome Mmmike!

I think you've got an old version of the broadcast plugin.

replace your broadcaster plugin with this one
http://www.eventghost.org/svn/trunk/plugins/Broadcaster/__init__.py

then make sure that both Vox and Eventghost are using the same port and the same delimiter: eg.  &&

by default any payloads will be appended to your eventGhost commands but you can also inject them using {1} {2} etc... to create events if you don't want to use payloads for some reason.  the payload will still be send as well, but you can just ignore it.

are you using VC version 7.3 or 7.9 ?  I strongly recommend you use 7.9

mmmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:12:23 AM »
Yeah that makes sence. I'll try out the new version of both the plugin and voxcommando when I get home!

mmmike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »
The updated version of Brodcaster works like a charm, it is actually also consuming a bit less CPU time then the older version, nice. Havent had the time to test the new Vox. yet but ill upgrade next week when i have some more time to work on my projects.

Thanks a lot for the help and the fast reply!