Author Topic: some Wireless micophones  (Read 2703 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
some Wireless micophones
« on: March 11, 2011, 04:17:25 AM »
I found some interesting wireless microphones that could be suitable for use with Voxcommando (but no guarantee)

here my favorite:
&feature=related   (like a bit StarTrek)           
&feature=related

&feature=related

and here a list with compatible Wireless mic and headset's from the Nuance-Dragon-Naturally-Speaking Website, i think thats all good for Voice Recognition

http://support.nuance.com/compatibility/default.asp

Greetings Kalle

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:23:25 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: some Wireless micophones
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:16:55 AM »
I have been interested in the Revolabs x-tag microphone for a while now, but since it costs $250, I expect more from it.  There doesn't appear to be any way to turn it on and off, other than on the base station.  Perhaps there is a switch on it somewhere.  If you are going to wear something on your chest, of course, you are obviously going to pick up sounds other than your voice, which is why they recommend the x-tag only for relatively quiet environments.

I think you are better off with the Amulet for $150, unless you really want to be hands-free and you don't want to wear a headset.  My preference, if I was going to pay that much money would be a really comfortable light weight and high quality noise cancelling headset.

Kalle, the link that you posted to nuance doesn't seem to be going to the right place.  Can you check it please?

I should warn that there are some bluetooth microphones that have been "approved" for use with Nuance Dragon Naturally speaking, that are not recommended for use with VoxCommando.  The reason is that Nuance has a special sound profile that tries to overcome the deficiencies in the bluetooth signal.  Because VC uses the Microsoft speech engine we can't do that, but in any case even with Nuance's engine the accuracy is (from what I've read) still not very good.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: some Wireless micophones
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 01:55:51 PM »
I have been interested in the Revolabs x-tag microphone for a while now, but since it costs $250, I expect more from it.  There doesn't appear to be any way to turn it on and off, other than on the base station.  Perhaps there is a switch on it somewhere.  If you are going to wear something on your chest, of course, you are obviously going to pick up sounds other than your voice, which is why they recommend the x-tag only for relatively quiet environments.

I think you are better off with the Amulet for $150, unless you really want to be hands-free and you don't want to wear a headset.  My preference, if I was going to pay that much money would be a really comfortable light weight and high quality noise cancelling headset.

Kalle, the link that you posted to nuance doesn't seem to be going to the right place.  Can you check it please?

I should warn that there are some bluetooth microphones that have been "approved" for use with Nuance Dragon Naturally speaking, that are not recommended for use with VoxCommando.  The reason is that Nuance has a special sound profile that tries to overcome the deficiencies in the bluetooth signal.  Because VC uses the Microsoft speech engine we can't do that, but in any case even with Nuance's engine the accuracy is (from what I've read) still not very good.

Hi James,

the nuance link ist correct, sorry but you must choose in the "checkbox" -> Dragon-Naturally-Speaking and than Wireless Microphons (see pictures)

I have found the revoLab  on Amazon for 187$, but this is also expensive, but it looks high-quality           http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0017TRL1Y/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299865927&sr=8-1&condition=new

***********  get excited and make things  **********