Author Topic: EG support?  (Read 3602 times)

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
EG support?
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »
I Tried to register on the forum and it's shutting down or moving - so it won't let me.
So wondered if I could ask in here.

I recorded some IR commands from my SAT-STB. They work  but when I go to edit or check "some".
I double click on them and  (some open and allow me to TEST / see them) while others spew errors
and crash EG.  The errors from the log are these...
Any ideas?

File "EventGhost.pyw", line 31, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\__init__.py", line 110, in Main
    stackless.run()
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\TaskletDialog.py", line 41, in ProcessingTask
    self.Configure(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ConfigDialog.py", line 126, in Configure
    self.item.Configure(*args)
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionItem.py", line 107, in Configure
    return self.executable.Configure(*args)
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\USB-UIRT\__init__.py", line 440, in Configure
    repeatCtrl = eg.SpinIntCtrl(panel, -1, value=repeatCount, min=1, max=127)
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\SpinIntCtrl.py", line 61, in __init__
    integerWidth=integerWidth
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\SpinNumCtrl.py", line 94, in __init__
    numCtrl.SetValue(value) # To avoid bug in NumCtrl
  File "wx\lib\masked\numctrl.pyc", line 1277, in SetValue
  File "wx\lib\masked\numctrl.pyc", line 1604, in _toGUI
ValueError: value 32767 exceeds value of control
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "wx\_misc.pyc", line 1342, in Notify
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 14720, in Notify
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\UndoHandler\Configure.py", line 41, in Try
    eg.Tasklet(self.Do)(item).run()
TaskletExit

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: EG support?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »
it is doubtful you will get any help with that error here.  Hopefully the new version of the EventGhost forum will be up and running again soon.

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »
It's weird, but only when I double click to open "some" usb uirt files.

anyway - read one of your other threads that pointed me here.

http://www.imgupload.org/images/629_vox_eventghost.jpg

And this was most helpful - however I had to do it a couple times as nothing ever said I had to click SAVE icon at the top.  I kept going back in to find what I created was gone.  DOH.
anyway - I got the HELLO broad cast msg and a couple other broad cast text msgs I added to the max and min window commands.

Now to go play a bit.  (and make EG actually do something in MP) = )

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
hahaaha  so bloom'n cool.  I dragged the hellow into  "my tv" macro and said hello event ghost and  "My TV" in mediaportal toggled on and off.
Now to go make commands that are more meaningful.    VERY COOL.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 05:59:55 PM »
it's a lot of fun.  To do the really cool stuff though you need to use XBMC (music and video) or MediaMonkey (just music).  The plugin for mediaportal is pretty limited so you can only really simulate button presses, not ask for specific music or videos by name.

for simple commands like pause play and volume etc. I would just as soon use a remote anyway, since both my arms function normally.  It's also nice to be able to say "Browse Movies", or "do I have email?"

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
I thought XBMC was only for Xbox - and just found out it's not.  (and can be on PC) Looking at it - the interface looks strangely like media portal.  So what's the difference?  Should I install XBMC and set it up to compare?  You're saying I can do voice calls of movies and movie then?   

I have a Amulet remote.  I can say guide, or my movies or live TV and call that page up in MP.  but like you said - can't call a song.  Amulet's software added this to MCE - however sigh - I have a Hauppauge HDPVR and had a heck of a time getting it to work with (IR control of my dish STB) to change channels.  I then went to MP, and then to IR server...  (which may have worked with MCE to control my PVR?) but haven't looked back yet.  (MCE requires DVBlink, and other hacks to get it working with the PVR).  MP has so many more features, I figured I'd put the time into MP.  But  XBMC - isn't the same and is better huh?

The amulet is great for me - because I have sound through the house and one on front and back porch. I can then voice command the music from outside on the porch/decks.

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
I got it - installed and impressed (though can it do TV?)  If not - I might revert back as it's SO STABLE compared to MP.  All my videos and tv shows played without delay. The thumbs were generated properly, the book marks in movies was awesome.

But SURELY something this good has a TV option too?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
I think it's coming up a bit short on the TV options, at least for now.  This may have something to do with the fact that it is a cross platform software (xbox / pc / mac / linux).  There is another thread though on this board somewhere that talks about tv on xmbc.  Possibly in the portuguese section.  Just use google translate.

I wasn't saying that xbmc was better than mediaPortal necessarily, just that you can control it better With VC.  Personally I still like mediaMonkey the best for music, but xbmc is the best all round do everything solution that works really well with Vox.  TV is not an issue for me since I don't watch or record live TV personally.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 05:18:16 AM »
I got it - installed and impressed (though can it do TV?)  If not - I might revert back as it's SO STABLE compared to MP.  All my videos and tv shows played without delay. The thumbs were generated properly, the book marks in movies was awesome.

But SURELY something this good has a TV option too?

Hi Rojoyinc,

read the topic "TV on XBMC" and you can download a XBMC-Version with a TV addon here  http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=338.61      www.somasgs.de/XBMCTV.rar
The Mediaportal-plugin works not in AEON-Skin but tested.

Greetings Kalle
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 05:21:35 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********