Author Topic: MM GenXML Issue  (Read 2500 times)

DHHJ

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
MM GenXML Issue
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:46:13 PM »
Sorry, I'm a newbie to VC- I've just downloaded it and am trying to get it working with MM. When I hit the Generate All in the GenXML form, I get the folowing error:

"Unhandled exception error has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Retrieving the  COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80040154."

I thought it may be a permission/owner issue so I modified the MM folder properties but this did not help. Any suggestions?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: MM GenXML Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 04:37:38 AM »
Sorry, I'm a newbie to VC- I've just downloaded it and am trying to get it working with MM. When I hit the Generate All in the GenXML form, I get the folowing error:

"Unhandled exception error has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Retrieving the  COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80040154."

I thought it may be a permission/owner issue so I modified the MM folder properties but this did not help. Any suggestions?

Hi DHHJ,

We will try to solve your problem.
It is important that you are MediaMonkey and VC started as an administrator. (right click on the exe of the programs - Features - run as Administrator). Before you use GenXML, MediaMonkey must be started, try it out and write here if it worked.

Greetings Kalle

If you want, you can in your forum profile add a country flag avatar, is sometimes very helpful
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:14:38 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

DHHJ

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »
Thanks Kalle- it worked perfectly!

So far so good- my initial impressions are very positive! Next step is to get EventGhost working.

Thanks for the avatar idea as well.

DHHJ

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:51:55 AM »
Thanks Kalle- it worked perfectly!

So far so good- my initial impressions are very positive! Next step is to get EventGhost working.

Thanks for the avatar idea as well.

DHHJ

No problem, that we are here  ;)

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********