Author Topic: Remove speaker output from Mic input?  (Read 14606 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Remove speaker output from Mic input?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 02:12:23 PM »
this is EventGhost basics.  You need to assign an event to the macro if you want it to run.  Press red on your remote.  An event will show up in the EventGhost log.  Drag the event onto your macro.  Now when you press red, the macro will run.

...or am I misunderstanding you?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:29:24 PM by jitterjames »

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 02:29:56 PM »
This ok now...thanks
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

Mr_Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 10:36:59 AM »

If you use prefix mode, be sure your prefix has at least two syllables.   Using a woman's name (e.g. Erika) as the prefix can work well, but may incur a very low W.A.F. ;)

Cheers for that! I actually use "X B M C" as the keyword at the moment, but I don't know if that's a wise choice or not. Watching a couple of shows last night and it was picked up twice. I'm going to have a play around over the weekend with a few different keywords and see what works best for me.

abom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »
Is it possible to have VC check for a higher rate of reliability of the prefix-word than the rest of the sentence? That would less likely cause VC to pick up a command.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »
Cheers for that! I actually use "X B M C" as the keyword at the moment, but I don't know if that's a wise choice or not. Watching a couple of shows last night and it was picked up twice. I'm going to have a play around over the weekend with a few different keywords and see what works best for me.

I suspect that that may be a poor choice, but I'm not sure.  You could try using "Ex be em see".  It might work better.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 11:15:28 AM »
Is it possible to have VC check for a higher rate of reliability of the prefix-word than the rest of the sentence? That would less likely cause VC to pick up a command.
It isn't possible with the current version.  It might be possible to do it but I'm not sure it is worth the effort.  I for one would have no use for it.  I think it makes more sense to choose a better prefix, and also to make sure that your "listen" command is not something that would be triggered by mistake.

If you can use something like the "Amulet Remote" then this is not an issue.  I will be doing a review and demo on this remote soon.  So far I am extremely impressed with it, but it is a bit expensive.  (I think it is $250 or $260 USD)

abom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 11:41:54 AM »
I have seen that remote before, incombination with a speech recognition for MCE, which looked really nice too. Never heard anything from it for a while though. Yea it is very expensive. Does their software suite only work with/for MCE?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »
Yes, their software works only with MCE, but the remote works great with VoxCommando.  I am working in cooperation with Amulet as well to see if I can use some custom code for VoxCommando to take advantage of information about the position of the remote.  When you put the remote down so that it is horizontal the microphone turns off.  When you lift it to your mouth, it turns on and a red light lights up to let you know that it is ready.  I am hoping to also detect when this happens so that we can (optionally) lower the volume of our music or video while the microphone is on.

I have done tests with relatively loud music, and even without lowering the volume it works quite well because you hold the mic relatively close to your mouth, and after your command you just put it back down and it stops listening.

The range on this thing is also very good.  Up to 90 feet in open air.  I was able to go two floors up and to the other end of my house and was just starting to lose the connection at the far end of the house.

I believe it is compatible with any MCE IR receiver which means that all buttons can be reprogrammed using eventGhost.  It also has a learning function so certain buttons can be taught to control the volume on your TV etc.  In theory with the correct setup you could eliminate the need for all your other remotes.

The Amulet software seems to be very nicely tied in to Windows Media Center.  They have added a lot of stuff to MCE to improve the experience, and setup is extremely easy but I have not really tested that much because I am not really interested in using Media Center myself.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:59:39 AM by jitterjames »

abom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 12:10:15 PM »
I have watched a few movies about the remote and it does look nice. Personally I think the custom UI they designed for MCE is really ugly.

I think it is too expensive for my taste, since I already have a universal remote. If you are looking for both (mic and uni remote), I do think that it is a very interesting product. I guess I'd rather use a 'pay-attention' button on my current remote and a good/affordable mic, it's not very different from the amulet idea, instead of tilting it, you can just press a button.

I hope they gave you that remote for free, for development purposes! :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:13:12 PM by abom »

FLuX0r

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 01:20:04 PM »
If you can use something like the "Amulet Remote" then this is not an issue.  I will be doing a review and demo on this remote soon.  So far I am extremely impressed with it, but it is a bit expensive.  (I think it is $250 or $260 USD)
Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to your video.

Mr_Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »

I was thinking about that. I've changed my key word to "Holly" after the ship's computer from Red Dwarf (because I'm a geek). I suspect it'll be picked up easier than xbmc but I'm just going to play around with some words and see what I get :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 05:03:22 PM »
Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to your video.
as promised:
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=324.0