Author Topic: EventGhost--Zune Interface  (Read 3700 times)

tarheels21

• $upporter
    • View Profile
EventGhost--Zune Interface
« on: November 07, 2010, 09:14:41 PM »
Hey im trying to just get zune to execute from eventghost. Im at the point where if you execute it on eventghost it comes up fine but when trying to to get a voice command through vox nothing happens. Its recognizes it as an option but wont execute. Help?

tarheels21

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: EventGhost--Zune Interface
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 09:22:36 PM »
Update actually any command from eventghost shows up but wont execute.

tarheels21

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »
Okay Ive solved the problem. But now when you open the program you cant minimize it. No idea whats going on with that

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:42:43 AM »
do you still need help with this?  If so, try not to be so vague.  Saying things like "the program" or "Its recognizes it as an option" won't get you very far when asking for help. :bonk  You may know what you mean, but you need to chose your words more carefully so that others can understand what you mean.

I am particularly sensitive to this and require people to be specific or I find it hard to answer questions, because I am able to imagine all the different things that they might be asking, and I feel like I am wasting my time by guessing, and possibly answering a question that you did not ask.

Here is an example of a better way of phrasing what you "might" have meant.

"when I speak a command, VoxCommando recognizes what I am saying and appears to send the command to eventGhost.  I am seeing that the correct command was issued in the VoxCommando history tab, but no event shows up in the EventGhost log window."

tarheels21

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:42:51 AM »

"when I speak a command, VoxCommando recognizes what I am saying and appears to send the command to eventGhost.  I am seeing that the correct command was issued in the VoxCommando history tab, but no event shows up in the EventGhost log window."

Haha yes this was exactly what I was saying. The problem was I needed the broadcaster plugin.

I am still having the minimizing problem though. I click on the minize button for the zune program and it pops right back up. The only way to get rid of this is to close the program

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »
from what you are saying, this sounds like it is 100% a problem with your installation of zune.  It has nothing to do with either VoxCommando or EventGhost.  I have never used zune so I can't tell you much about it.  You should ask on a zune forum.

If you want to control music with VoxCommando though, your best bet is to use either MediaMonkey, Windows Media Center, or XBMC.  If you only want to deal with music (not video or photos) and the visual interface is not important, then MediaMonkey is the best choice.  Otherwise I recommend using XBMC.

VC has no tools to either read data from or send data to Zune.  I'm not sure what can be done with eventGhost, but to request music by name you first  need to get the song data into VoxCommando somehow.

tarheels21

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 10:57:39 AM »
I havent had any problems with it before and if you manually run the program it works fine.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 11:27:16 AM »
how exactly are you running it now that is causing problems?