Author Topic: RoboB.wait not working properly  (Read 1480 times)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
RoboB.wait not working properly
« on: April 19, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »
Trying to make robob wait until after the page that is being navigated to has finished loading. But the rest of my commands try to go through before anything on the page has loaded at all.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: RoboB.wait not working properly
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 06:53:02 PM »
Try adding ++ to the beginning of your command name and if necessary also add VC.Pause where needed. 

The wait action has never been 100% reliable.  I mostly blame .Net's implementation of the webbrowser control for that.  I struggled with it endlessly.  Maybe I'm just stoopid but I could never quite make it right.  Part of the problem is that a web page often involves loading many different things and each of them can trigger the "finished loading" event which the wait action is watching for.

Another option for you is to watch for the events triggered by the page loading and use them to trigger another command.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: RoboB.wait not working properly
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »
Part of the problem is that a web page often involves loading many different things and each of them can trigger the "finished loading" event which the wait action is watching for.

Yea i thought that was the problem. The page im trying to load sometimes goes to a page that just says "refreshing" then after that it loads the actual page. I just added another robob.wait after the other one and it seems to be working a little better. Not sure if that would cause any issues or if maybe its not doing anything at all but after i added 2 wait commands back to back it started working.