Author Topic: 2.2.1.9 Trial Version Warning  (Read 4825 times)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
2.2.1.9 Trial Version Warning
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »
I've been running 2.2.1.9 since you uploaded it the other day and I've had the popup saying that my trial has expired pop up twice on me, I have to do a full restart of VC to get it to start working again (just like a trial version) I double checked the help menu and the activate button is grayed out,

I'm not sure if this could be related, I just updated my main computer on Wednesday from windows 8.1 to windows 10 (I don't know if that has an effect on the activation or not)

Main PC: VC 2.2.1.6 (no problems, activate button is grayed out), Windows 10 64bit

Problem PC: VC 2.2.1.9 (activate button is grayed out, popup saying trial has expired), Windows 10 64bit

also, I've triggered more then 40 commands (over 12hours of use) before I would see the popup, I don't have a log file, but I enabled it after the last popup

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2.1.9 Trial Version Warning
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:59:27 AM »
Ditto
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:54:55 AM »
Thanks I will look into it.

I assume your main VC window does not say trial on it?

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:01:41 AM »
Correct, it does not say trial

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 01:00:10 PM »
And after you restart, it goes back to normal, acting as though it is activated?  Or after you restart you are able to re-activate?

Sorry, I'm having trouble figuring out what is going on and I can't seem to recreate it.  Any additional information would be appreciated.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 01:39:11 PM »
All I had to do was click OK on the popup and restart VC, and it was another 12 hours of use before it happened again,

I have my log enabled so if it happens again I can upload it for you

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 02:37:51 PM »
is there a way to deactivate and reactivate ? to see if the problem persist?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 04:26:59 PM »
Yes you can use RegEdit.  Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JitterSoft\VoxCommando\Registration

If your machine is registered on the activation server, it will attempt to autoactivate when you start VC.  If not, then the machine was deactivated for some reason, usually by request when you hit the 3 machines already activated limit.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 08:08:55 AM »
I had the same issue and thought it was just me, so added my activation key for the second time and it activated okay but means I am a key down now I think. I am running windows 10, but since adding the activation key again it has been okay and trial mode hasn't came back.
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 09:45:19 AM »
Not the same issue at all if you read PegLegTV's full description.

And you maxed out your activations a while ago so you can't be "a key down".

License is for 2 machines only.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 09:49:10 AM »
Yes you can use RegEdit.  Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JitterSoft\VoxCommando\Registration

If your machine is registered on the activation server, it will attempt to autoactivate when you start VC.  If not, then the machine was deactivated for some reason, usually by request when you hit the 3 machines already activated limit.
James,
I found 2 entries in the registration .... I deleted the whole thing and the machine reactivated ...
I exported the registration folder, before I deleted it and after recreation, if you want I can send them to you, if they are of any help. in my case the problem appeared after I reset-ed the windows 10 machine (using windows reset this machine recovery) then upgrading from 2.217 to 2.219 ...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 11:02:03 AM »
@Haddood:  Are you sure you had the exact same symptoms as PegLeg?  You got the notice but the activate option was always greyed out in the menu, and when you restarted VC it appeared as if it was activated (no trial text on main window)?

For the record we don't know if you resetting Windows 10 is related because you did not upgrade VC to 2.2.1.9 until after doing that.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 12:10:45 PM »
@Haddood:  Are you sure you had the exact same symptoms as PegLeg?  You got the notice but the activate option was always greyed out in the menu, and when you restarted VC it appeared as if it was activated (no trial text on main window)?
For the record we don't know if you resetting Windows 10 is related because you did not upgrade VC to 2.2.1.9 until after doing that.
[/quote]
yes I am sure exactly the same symptoms ...
I agree, however I mentioned it as I do not know the mechanisms of VC as you do ...

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 12:40:34 PM »

I have 3 different entries

095 > (Default)

190 > (Default)
       > Key

221 > (Default)
       > Key

I deleted 221, and started VC and reopened regedit and it re-populated 221

I'm not sure if having 3 entries, could be causing the problem.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 01:13:06 PM »
3 entries is normal if you had version 1 installed at some point and should not be a problem.

Let me know if it happens again please.  I am still trying to recreate the problem with no luck so far.