Author Topic: multiple events as one / trigger commands with timer  (Read 1379 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
multiple events as one / trigger commands with timer
« on: March 23, 2016, 11:59:39 AM »
1. in certain scenarios, we need to treat multiple events as one ... for the moment, I am dealing with it one by one, by creating 2 commands, the first is triggered by the event. it has a timer that get killed and restarted if the event trigger again, upon expiration of the timer it will trigger the second command that contain the actual macro ...

it will be way easier if we can have an option in the event to treat multiple events in a certain time frame as one

2. for the moment it is not possible to trigger a command with a timer, my work around, is I creat a macro, add an event ...the macro has just the VC command ... and it is kind of redundant if commands are recognised by VC as events as well ...
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: multiple events as one / trigger commands with timer
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 01:35:00 PM »
1. in certain scenarios, we need to treat multiple events as one ... for the moment, I am dealing with it one by one, by creating 2 commands, the first is triggered by the event. it has a timer that get killed and restarted if the event trigger again, upon expiration of the timer it will trigger the second command that contain the actual macro ...
What kind of events are you talking about?  Where are they coming from?

2. for the moment it is not possible to trigger a command with a timer, my work around, is I creat a macro, add an event ...the macro has just the VC command ... and it is kind of redundant if commands are recognised by VC as events as well ...
I don't understand this at all.  Of course it is possible to trigger a command with a timer.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: multiple events as one / trigger commands with timer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 06:57:21 PM »
What kind of events are you talking about?  Where are they coming from?

example, my main door sensor. the door s equipped with closer, so when someone is leaving, sometimes we forget stuff, or step out to pick the shoes ...etc. so the door open event triggers 3 or 4 times ...etc.

I don't understand this at all.  Of course it is possible to trigger a command with a timer.

see attached image .... instead of triggering the Action it triggers an event ... ( previously i used wrong terminology, I meant action by command)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM by Haddood »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures