Author Topic: Can VC voice command this please  (Read 6432 times)

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Can VC voice command this please
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 03:36:56 PM »
Triple checked the video instructions, restarted pc and both programs, same deal. Music Pause and Music play commands work fine plus recognizing the tune, only it's not playing the tune.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »
Maybe it's working correctly and you've just not noticed.  The song gets added to the playlist so that it will play next.  It doesn't start playing right away.  If you want to do that it's possible but right now it's just adding it to the playlist.

If you want it to play right away (interrupting the current song) then add an action MM.Next at the end of the macro.

https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_MM#Next

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 05:13:00 PM »
I just restarted the pc to check and now no voice commands :). So we will go as planned with the other pc.

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
Maybe it's working correctly and you've just not noticed.  The song gets added to the playlist so that it will play next. It doesn't start playing right away. 

I tried again, this time the voice activation is working as normal but still the tune doesn;t play next or show in the Now Playing List.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
Maybe you can upload a log file so we can see what is going on.  It's really not that complicated, and I've tested this and it works perfectly.

See:
https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

and
https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support

I think I made this video for you last year:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:45:49 PM by nime5ter »

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2019, 01:28:54 PM »
Thank you, let me look into all of this in detail in the morning when I will be able to full work on it and will post back here.

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »
Sorry it took so long for me to get to this, I wish to do the log file but can you tell me how/where to show the Emulator window please? As mentioned when you did the config I did not get to see what you were doing as I was working on the mic issue.

Also James, may I ask why you can get these functions to work specifically with MM and not other mp3 players?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2019, 09:25:18 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by the emulator window but I guess maybe you mean tellvoxcommando which is on the file menu.

I recommend you only test with a microphone and actual voice commands to avoid confusion.

VoxCommando does work with quite a number of media programs. Obviously it's not realistic for it to work with all of them. In some cases it's simply not possible because the media program is not open to manipulation. In all cases it requires a great deal of work to make it happen.

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2019, 10:07:51 AM »
Thx for the explanation and yes it was the tellcommando window I was referring to.

Please see attached log file

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2019, 10:17:42 AM »
The reason we asked to see a log was because you said

I tried again, this time the voice activation is working as normal but still the tune doesn;t play next or show in the Now Playing List.

But in the log file you attached it does not look like you attempted to issue even a single voice command so there is not much we can learn from it.

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2019, 10:23:36 AM »
ok to clarify. I am testing on the music we had worked on so I ran MM as admin and opened VC then tested with voice command Music Play and Music Pause then Play Song ..... but same issue as before with the song not playing next.

I had thought this testing is for the log file purpose? If no more troubleshooting can be done on this pc then I will proceed as planned with the other pc mentioned but will need to wait until tonight to get the password for that pc as wife is at work and she has the password for it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:27:13 AM by mikehende »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2019, 10:32:16 AM »
Except that is not what you did.  The log shows VoxCommando loading all commands and then nothing more.  You did not issue any voice commands, or if you did you were speaking to a broken microphone or something.

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »
Then not understanding why it carried out the music pause and play commands?