Author Topic: Airmic app  (Read 4142 times)

maestro

• View Profile
Airmic app
« on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:40 PM »
hi all :)

i'm new to voxcommando and run in to a problem that i hope to resove here.

i'm using airmic app for iphone and a client for my pc. I do have a connection and can here my self true the speakers however voxcommando doesn't.

Can somebody give me a clue where i can choose line in inside voxcommando?

thx a lot

a new fan (who isn't the best in english)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Airmic app
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »
Hi maestro.  I have never tried the airmic app, but VC uses the windows default audio input, or if an override for speech has been set in windows speech settings, it will use that input, but usually just setting the default input is enough.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:45:13 PM »
Oh airmic looks like a rename of pocket audio.  Senstic sucks. Worst support ever and buggy with big audio delays too.

If you can, try a normal mic first, or try the mobiola headset app.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:14 PM »
Looking at the description of airmic from the senstic website, I have to say I'm confused about what you are trying to do...

Air Mic Live Audio allows you to listen to the live audio stream (with about five seconds of delay depending on the network) captured from your PC or Mac’s built-in microphone. You can use Air Mic as a remote home surveillance tool to discretely monitor the activity of your children or elderly.

maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:56:26 AM »
this is the link to their website. http://www.mbpowertools.net/iDevices/AirMic.html

The quality of the sound is very good and actually i don't experience any delay. But its like sad on the website

" AirMic is an application that transmits audio received from the mic on your iDevice to your personal computer's front speakers. "

I do hear my self in the speaker but its not putting it true to line in so i can't use it with VC. Does somebody know a workarrownd so i can bypass the sound to line in ?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:05:12 AM by maestro »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 06:59:17 AM »
this is the link to their website. http://www.mbpowertools.net/iDevices/AirMic.html

The quality of the sound is very good and actually i don't experience any delay. But its like sad on the website

" AirMic is an application that transmits audio received from the mic on your iDevice to your personal computer's front speakers. "

I do hear my self in the speaker but its not putting it true to line in so i can't use it with VC. Does somebody know a workarrownd so i can bypass the sound to line in ?
mmmh, it looks like the app create wav files or simlar sound files send it over WiFi to the remote computer, save it in a folder and the windows software for this app (AudioReceiver) play the files to the system sound output - in fact there is no audio input for this app in windows available. You can use alternate a app it is called "Headset" from SHAPE GmbH in the App-store this will work and have also more useful options.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »
Borrow an android and use VoxWav  ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 01:20:08 PM »
I doubt it is creating any files (wav or other), but playing to your speakers is not helpful. It needs to create a virtual microphone device so that other windows programs can use the audio.  Get the headset app.

Or you can select "what you hear" as your default input, bit this is a messy solution, and you won't be able to use your system to play any audio, since it would be rerouted back to the input.

You could probably also use VAC bit this is more expensive and more complicated than getting a new app.

maestro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 03:42:35 PM »
thanks a lot for fast help! i do appreciate it!

ok now i bought mobiola headset app and i experience problems again... :bonk

i did install it on my pc and on my iphone but it fails to connect. sometimes i do see my host name but when i select it, its just does nothing.

am i cursed?  ::confused

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »
thanks a lot for fast help! i do appreciate it!

ok now i bought mobiola headset app and i experience problems again... :bonk

i did install it on my pc and on my iphone but it fails to connect. sometimes i do see my host name but when i select it, its just does nothing.

am i cursed?  ::confused
Check your firewall settings and if it's possible turn it off for tests.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:49:04 PM »
I recommend you consult mobiola since they will have more experience troubleshooting their own software.