Author Topic: Linx B-TUBE Portable Bluetooth Speaker/Speakerphone  (Read 2605 times)

hawsey

• View Profile
Linx B-TUBE Portable Bluetooth Speaker/Speakerphone
« on: October 15, 2010, 08:44:16 AM »
Take a look at this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Linx-B-TUBE-Portable-Bluetooth-Speaker-Speakerphone-/130443950811?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5f10badb
I was dreaming ultimate  HTPC setup the other day , as you do , which now will obviously now have to  include VC and thought of my Bluetooth Speaker gathering dust .
I bought one about a year ago and they are a very good piece of kit for the money ;(charge lasts a good few hours too )
this could sit quite nicely on the coffe table etc and i think the WAF / SAF would be ok too
The only problem i can think of is i would want Mic only activated via bluetooth .
I cannot try this out at the moment as i have lost the flippin charger :bonk back up in to the loft tonight to look.
Anyone else got one to try out ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Linx B-TUBE Portable Bluetooth Speaker/Speakerphone
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »
If you are able to find your parts and do a test go for it, but I wouldn't spend any money on anything with the word "bluetooth" in the description, unless you have another reason to own it (like a cellphone etc).  Even a bluetooth headset (headsets are best for filtering out unwanted noise) is more or less useless for speech recognition using the windows engine.  Dragon is supposed to support bluetooth but reports are still generally not great, and of course dragon is expensive and Vox doesn't work with it.

Still you never know there may be a bluetooth device out there that works well, and if anyone finds it I'm "all ears"... :D

It does make me think tough, I wonder about some kind of wired (or possibly RF) intercom system.  I have no idea what they would cost new, but you could probably pick something up second hand on the cheap.