Author Topic: Can VC keep my PC from sleeping when VLC is open/playing?  (Read 3038 times)

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Can VC keep my PC from sleeping when VLC is open/playing?
« on: October 07, 2021, 11:51:01 PM »
I think I can do this with eventghost but would like to do it in VC if I can.

Thanks in advance!!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Can VC keep my PC from sleeping when VLC is open/playing?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 06:08:14 PM »
It's probably not too difficult for me to add this functionality to a plugin in VC (maybe the "Win" plugin for example).  However, I'm swamped with other work right now so I'm not sure when I'm going to find the time to work on this.  I suggest sticking with EventGhost for now if it can already do what you need.

Feel free to remind me in November.  I will hopefully have more free time by then.

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 08:09:33 PM »
Thanks!  I'll see what I can do with EG and hit you up later if I can't :)

reyesryder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 12:03:54 AM »
How to vacuum your dogs

You probably know that your dogs shed their hair every once in a while, and you also probably know that it is pretty annoying to gather the hairs off the floor as they fly everywhere. Therefore, you have to groom them by using a good old brush. But here we are in the modern era, and we can actually use a vacuum cleaner to groom our dogs.

Below is a step-by-step guide on how to vacuum your dogs.

1.Acclimating your dogs to the vacuum

Check over here: Top Best Products - Saving Your Money With List Of Product TheKingLive.com

First things first, you need to find a vac that is relatively quiet, as dogs are very sensitive to sound and can be startled easily. Make sure the vacuum you buy comes with a pet vacuum attachment or something similar.

Here are some examples of the best of products that are specialized for pet grooming: Miele Dynamic U1 Cat & Dog and Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Speed NV680.

Even though you may have found a good, quiet vac, most dogs can still get scared, so you have to get them used to it first. You can start by putting your dogs together with the appliance and have it turned on. After that, call your dogs to come near the vac. You can use encouraging words or reward them with a treat so that the pups can overcome the fear. This can take some time, so you need to be patient. Remember, always use positive support because shouting and cursing will just make things worse.

2.Use the correct attachment

Purchase a pet grooming attachment for your vacuum beforehand, as this can help you safely vacuum your dogs’ hair without harming them.

There are quite a lot of brands, but here are the best of products that can serve as an example: FURminator Vacuum Attachment and Bissell Bark Bath.

Also, check if your vac is compatible with the attachment you bought because it would be a waste of money if the add-on does not match the model you are using. Alternatively, you can just buy a vacuum model that includes a pet attachment in the package.

3.Start grooming your dogs

When you have prepared and managed to make your dogs stay calm near the vac, you can begin to call them over. If they are still scared, do not force them, and take it slow.

Make sure your dogs are dry before starting their grooming. Have your dogs lie or stand still, then begin to move the vac from the neck to the tail on their back. Do it smoothly and follow the grain, as you do not want to pull any hair out and hurt them. Rinse and repeat until you finish every area on their back.

A few notes while you start the task:

- If your dogs run away or seem stressed, you can always do it later. Have your dogs take a break.

- Do not put the vac near their face, genitals, or rear end.

- Hold your dogs' collars while you are grooming them.

Next is the legs, so make your dogs sit or stand and then run the vac, starting from their shoulders or hips, down to the top of their feet. If their leg starts moving, keep them still by holding the paws. Same as their back, you have to do it 2 or 3 more times.

Finally, you can begin to vacuum their belly and chest. Have your dogs lie upside down, tell them to play dead, or just keep them standing, then begin to clean your dogs. You can start to run the vac from the collarbone down to their stomach. Repeat a few times, and then you are done.

4.Establish a routine

After you’ve finished grooming your dogs, you can begin to establish a routine. You don’t want to start all over again, do you?

You have to give them a treat whenever you finish grooming them. By doing this, you can have your dogs thinking they can get a treat whenever you have finished grooming, and they will be more likely to behave during the task.

You can vacuum them once a month or twice if your dogs have longer coats. You might have to do it more in fall and spring as your dogs can shed more during these periods.

If your dogs are wet or muddy, do not vacuum them, as the task is for grooming purposes only. Have them take a bath instead.

Conclusion

Vacuuming your dogs is a tedious but necessary task, as you can take care of both your dogs and your house. By doing so, you can save time, as instead of brushing them, you are vacuuming for pet hair. You can also check out the Good product review or Amazon reviews for a few tips and tricks that can help you take better care of your canine pals.

FAQ: How to vacuum your dogs

Q: Can I do the same with a cat?

A: Yes, the process should be similar, but to be sure, you can check any Product reviews on the Internet for the proper procedure.

Q: Can I just vacuum the floor instead of bothering with all these steps?

A: Well, some dogs are fine with vacuuming and some even like to be vacuumed. So it is faster and more convenient to groom and vacuum them.

Q: Will my vac break?

A: Maybe, if it is a common model. If you use a model that is specialized for pet hair, then no. Here are some of the best of products that are made for pet hair: Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum and Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum.

Q: What should I do if my dogs do not accept vacuuming and start to grow aggressive?

A: Then you have to follow the old-fashioned way of grooming them by using a brush first, then vacuuming the floor.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 02:11:48 AM by reyesryder »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 11:32:30 AM »
Hi all,

VC can also execute Windows command lines with the Launch.CMD Action. So maybe you can try to let VC execute a command line when VLC process is running.
I think following command line can work for your VLC player wish: powercfg /requestsoverride process vcl.exe display system  (I don't know the correct process name for VLC, so check this first with your taskmanager)

Here are a part of the documentation for the Powercfg:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/powercfg-command-line-options#option_requestsoverride

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/powercfg-command-line-options#hibernate-or-h

VC command example:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.3.0.3-->
<command id="786" name="prevent from sleep" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
    <ifType>ProcessRunning</ifType>
    <ifParams>VLC.exe&amp;&amp;</ifParams>
    <then>
      <action>
        <cmdType>Launch.CMD</cmdType>
        <params>
          <param>powercfg /requestsoverride process vcl.exe display system</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </then>
    <else />
  </if>
</command>
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:20:22 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 12:17:24 PM »
I have added this action to the Win plugin but it will need testing to see how well it actually works.

You'll need to replace the plugin DLL and the actions.xml file in the plugins\Win folder.

Then you can use the action Win.OS.StayAwake

Send True or False for the screen and system parameters to indicate if they should stay awake.

And remember after saving the Dll file to unblock it: https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Unblock_DLL