Author Topic: Input keys {PGUP} does nothing, why?  (Read 1848 times)

sticker592

• View Profile
Input keys {PGUP} does nothing, why?
« on: March 30, 2020, 06:21:19 AM »
 I get the event InputKeys.Send:{PGUP} but no page up key is registered in any app or key logger. How do I debug this?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Input keys {PGUP} does nothing, why?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 07:20:59 AM »
I get the event InputKeys.Send:{PGUP}

What do you mean you get the event? I do not understand what you are saying.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »
I guess you mean you "Execute the action SendKeys with the parameter {PGUP}" and nothing happens.

That's because {PGUP} is not a valid keycode.

The valid keycodes are listed in the parameter helper as suggested in the help for this action:
https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#Send_2

If you look here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.input.key?view=netframework-4.8

You will find valid codes for page up and page down that are also in the list on the parameter helper.

Code: [Select]
Prior    19        The Page Up key.
Next    20        The Page Down key.

So you can use {NEXT} and {PRIOR}.

In the next release I will add {PAGEUP} and {PAGEDOWN} as aliases for the codes 19 and 20.  Whatever table I originally used for keycodes did not included these words for some reason.

sticker592

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 05:04:36 PM »
Ok, you should replace those with the valid .NET keycodes in the key selector (the icon in the LCB with three blocks). While I'm here, I have a feature request: Allow LOOPs within IFs. Otherwise I just have to create two commands for each branch of the IF. Thanks!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 05:39:11 PM »
We are already using valid codes and valid key names.

That Loop request has been made before.

sticker592

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:29:14 PM »
Are you sure? See attachmed screen shot.

---
Add {PGUP}{PGDN} as aliases as well as lots of old posts with apparently previous codes will confuse users: https://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I spent an entire evening last night trying to get this to work and it was only a trivial variable name error that took 2 seconds to fix.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:42:45 PM by sticker592 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:17:36 PM »
I am sure. You are on the SendKeys tab. It's a different action from InputKeys.

I did not make up the key names. I used the names used by Microsoft for those two similar but separate things.

sticker592

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 12:28:28 AM »
I see. Dumb naming by MS. Please do add PGUP/PGDN as aliases. Really you should remove mssapi altogether and use GOOGLE for everything by default via api calls. The server which I assume somehow is making the api calls for free often disconnects and should be replaced with a genuine api key that I would pay for.

sticker592

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 12:34:53 AM »
unrelated, the event history in vox commando shows Device arrived.537.5 and Device Removed.537.5 when the connect disconnect sound on my pc goes off. I have been trying to figure out what is causing it and Nirsoft's 2 usb viewer software products and several others show nothing but vox commando does. Can I extract from the history event any more info about what is connecting?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 08:01:29 AM »
unrelated, the event history in vox commando shows Device arrived.537.5 and Device Removed.537.5 when the connect disconnect sound on my pc goes off. I have been trying to figure out what is causing it and Nirsoft's 2 usb viewer software products and several others show nothing but vox commando does. Can I extract from the history event any more info about what is connecting?
No. You might find more information in Windows event viewer or by looking at device manager. Failing that you could try eventghost.

sticker592

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 03:38:43 AM »
Feature request: Maybe when you have time you could add support to just detect the keys input and fill in the keycodes like some programs do. Then allow the user to manually adjust it if necessary.

sticker592

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 04:19:00 AM »
Or limit the edit parameter helper in the LCB to options relevant to the action selected immediately to the left.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 12:24:30 PM »
Or limit the edit parameter helper in the LCB to options relevant to the action selected immediately to the left.
The parameter helper already opens to the correct tab by default based on the action selected.  I don't want to restrict which panels the user can access though.  They may want to use variables for example.  I could in theory detect when the action is changed in the parameter helper and switch tabs based on that.  I originally assumed that users would be setting the action in the LCB and then opening the parameter helper in order to modify parameters.

For automatic key detection/recording take a look at the "Win" plugin.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:27:16 PM by jitterjames »