Author Topic: Commands Over Loud Music / Noise  (Read 9141 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Commands Over Loud Music / Noise
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 03:30:39 PM »
Thanks Kalle. I hope it helps.
::duh

I'm sure a video is already exist!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:38:05 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »
Thanks Kalle and James. That did work. However is this the code need to mute the volume on the remote computer in which xbmc is installed on. It is toggling between listen and standby like it should but there is no change in volume on the remote computer.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
I think pm is making up a bunch of extra steps but he isn't providing us with any information about what he is actually doing, so we can only use our imagination.

I should point out that the copy paste works a little bit differently depending on if you are dealing with groups, commands, or actions. Only groups can be pasted or dragged into an empty part of the tree.  Commands must be dropped or pasted on an existing group, and actions can only be pasted in the LCB.

I will make a more thorough tutorial on this subject but for now I think yours will help.  I hope.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 03:47:08 PM »
is this the code need to mute the volume on the remote computer in which xbmc is installed on. It is toggling between listen and standby like it should but there is no change in volume on the remote computer.

The code I posted will softmute XBMC if you have set it up correctly to work with Frodo.  The code I posted does not toggle between listen and standby, nor is it supposed to. Who knows what you have done.  Probably you have multiple groups now acting simultaneously.

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 04:04:52 PM »
I got it. And James thank you so much for your patience.

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 09:52:28 PM »
Hey James. One more question about this. Everything is working great except for one small thing. When I speak the prefix word if I pause for any amount of time at all VC recognizes the command but does not execute. So just as soon as I speak the prefix word I have to hurry and follow with the command. Just wondering if there is a setting somewhere I am looking over to change this. Because If I speak the prefix and wait for the volume to mute then speak the command nothing happens.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 10:21:15 PM »
Nope.  The prefix is PART of the command, so you can't pause for more than a short time.

If you want to just speak a command by itself then you don't need to use a prefix at all, just make the listen command do the softmute.