Author Topic: Help with plug-ins  (Read 1450 times)

hehrm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Help with plug-ins
« on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
Hello I have been using the trial version of VC for a few months now and I am really enjoying the product.  However, I feel like I do not have all of the plug-ins like skype, itunes, event ghost, mediamonkey, ect set up right.  I have done computer work before so i do have some experience with downloading programs. Is there an order that I should download these plug-in's/ programs into my computer to get them properly on to VC?  Also, once i do have all this set up with different commands is there a way to save it all so i have a copy of it in case the computer crashes, breaks, ect?  Thank you so much for your time. As well as thank you to the maker of this program

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
Re: Help with plug-ins
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:09:47 AM »
hi
All the standard Plugins are installed with VoxCommando.
To check what plugins you have click on options, then open options, then click on plugins tab , it should look similar to the pic below , select the plugins you desire, then click on save and close, and do a full restart of voxcommando for the plugins to take effect.

also take a look here
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugins

if you are still having problems please let us know what version of vc you have installed.
good luck.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:19:41 AM by xtermin8r »
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »
Greetings hehrm and welcome to VC.

Xtermin8r got you started with enabling plugins.  You will still need to create or import commands that actually use the features that are enabled in by the plugins.

What are you using VC for now, and what plugins are you interested in?

hehrm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »
Well right now I am just using it for weather.  I would like to use it for house automation, media, computer control.  I have watched some of the basic videos on editing the software and would like to learn more.  I am just very amazed on what this program can do.  I have edit some of the commands and such but i would like to learn more.  What kind of computer code is used in the editor? I have never really done much programming but this program has got my attention.  I saw the other day something about a meeting on the 7th is that for anyone to come and listen maybe even learn more? 

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
Yes you are welcome to join us.  We are using Google+ hangouts so you need a Google+ account.  Then you can contact me through Google+ and I will add you to my VoxCommando Circle.

When the Hangout is created all members of the circle should receive an invitation to join the hangout.

In the future we may come up with a better way to meet and organize our meetings.  the next meeting will probably be on Saturday at 10:00 AM EDT

To use VoxCommando for home automation you will need to have some kind of hardware for home automation.  If you have something already, or have a technology in mind, give us more details and we can guide you.

For media control there are many, many options.  Let us know what software you are currently using.  For all around multimedia XBMC is probably the best option, but you if you are not already using XBMC you should tackle that first before trying to control it with VC.  If you are already using a program like iTunes or MediaMonkey then getting started is quite easy.