Author Topic: How to change MediaMonkey audio out and Marantz audio input  (Read 5052 times)

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
How to change MediaMonkey audio out and Marantz audio input
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:02:47 AM »
Hi All

I posted some info on how I have done this using VoxCommando and EventGhost in the EventGhost forum. Rather than copy and past the same information here I figured it was easier to give you a link - so here it is  ;D

EDIT: Actually an easier way to do this is to use the EventGhost script posted by James below (Post #4)

Enjoy

Bleazle
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:10:19 PM by Bleazle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: How to change MediaMonkey audio out and Marantz audio input
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »
Thanks Bleazle!  There is lots of good info there and a lot to think about.

Just a couple of quick questions.

1 - If it were me I would probably set mediaMonkey to use the default output and then simply change the default output in order change where the music was sent.  Was this not an option for you for some reason?

2 - Did you ever try to change the MM audio output using keyboard emulation?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »
What version of MediaMonkey are you using?  My MediaMonkey.ini file does not seem to store the output device and copying ini files from configurations with different outputs doesn't seem to have any effect on the output.

I was going to suggest that it might be better to have VC load the ini file, do a regex replace to change the output, and then save it, but I can't find the output in there anywhere.  I do see the output plugin but not the actual output and I did a file compare between two ini files with different outputs set and I don't see any difference between the two files except for other stuff like what view is current...

Code: [Select]
[Player]
OutputPlugin=out_MMDS.dll
Volume=0.82
PlayerUnmutedVolume=1
Panning=0
PlayerMute=0
Random=0
Repeat=0
Crossfade=1
PlaylistVisible=1
EqualizerVisible=0
ShowAlbumCovers=1
ShowRemainingTime=0
NowPlayingPosition=39
PlayerPosition=0
ShowNowPlayingInMiniMode=1
AutoDJSwitchedOn=0
WasContinuousChecked=0
WasShuffledChecked=0
MainVisDisabled=0
IsRemainingTime=0
InitWidth=1424
InitHeight=60
IsMini=0
DSPCount=1
DSP1Plugin=dsp_DeFX.dll
DSP1Index=0
DSP1Active=0

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 10:44:38 AM »
I am using MM 4.1 and I found that the output device is stored in the windows registry.  I am able to change the output device by changing this registry key / "device" value.  This method also requires closing MM, changing the registry and then restarting MM, which is not a very elegant solution.  I think perhaps it would be best to change the default windows output, or while not ideal, it would be better to use mouse/keyboard emultation to change the MM output without having to close the program.

But anyway, whatever works works!

Those who are interested should know that you probably don't need to use VBScript or EventGhost at all in order to close MM, copy a file, and open MM again.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 01:04:39 PM »
This method works for me without having to close MM but it doesn't work if MM is minimized.

You can change which output is selected by changing the number of {down} emulations are performed at the end of the macro.  Remove all of them to select the default output.  This works almost instantly for me even if a song is playing.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1640">
    <Macro Name="Find Window: MediaMonkey.exe" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="USB_UIRT.Mce.Blue" />
        <Action>
            Window.FindWindow(u'MediaMonkey.exe', u'MediaMonkey', u'TFMainWindow', u'', u'TMMPlayerSkinEngine', 1, False, 0.0, 0)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendMessage(517, 0, 0, 1)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'{End}', False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'{Up}', False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'{Up}', False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'{Enter}', False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            EventGhost.Wait(0.29999999999999999)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.FindWindow(u'MediaMonkey.exe', u'MediaMonkey DirectSound Output plug-in', u'TFormPlus', u'', u'TComboBoxPlus', 1, False, 0.0, 2)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'{Home}', False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'{Down}', False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'{Enter}', False)
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 07:07:08 PM »
Hi James

Sorry for not replying sooner - for some reason I haven't been getting notifications of replies to this forum and I've only just realised that you had replied (I'm off to reply to another thread I had missed shortly..)

To answer your questions..
1 - If it were me I would probably set mediaMonkey to use the default output and then simply change the default output in order change where the music was sent.  Was this not an option for you for some reason?

I have MediaPortal set to play using the Default Output. I want the option of having music being played outside (via MediaMonkey) while MP could be being used to play music/watch TV/watch a movie etc inside, hence the need to use the alternative Audio Out.

2 - Did you ever try to change the MM audio output using keyboard emulation?

..not until I saw your post above  ;D

I'm using MM 4.1.1.17. You listed the part of the ini file which changes the Audio Out:

OutputPlugin=out_MMDS.dll

...but never mind that, I'm using your keyboard emulation method now. ;D Unfortunately I have to get VC to stop playback otherwise the music won't switch from playing inside to outside even though MM shows that the Audi Output has been changed. That's not a big deal though and I much prefer this option - now I need to go and updated my post on the EventGhost forum to point to this one!

Thanks for the solution  :)