Author Topic: Voice feedback to pad  (Read 1907 times)

m0v1em4n

• View Profile
    • My home Cinema
Voice feedback to pad
« on: February 15, 2014, 10:40:45 AM »
Hi Guys,

Just got VW Pro so I could try out voice feedback, but I don't seem to be getting anything on my Android 4.2.2 pad, not sure if I have it setup right, is there any documentation that would help me set it up, checked the Wiki but didn't help.

Ok managed to get voice feedback by adding a TTS Speak event to one of my commands, but there is a delay of around 5 second or more , is this normal? Could still with help to make sure I am doing thing right

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:04:34 AM by m0v1em4n »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Voice feedback to pad
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »
a delay of 5 seconds between what two things?

m0v1em4n

• View Profile
    • My home Cinema
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »
Hi James,

No it was in getting the voice feedback, but seem better now, probably a network thing

I a few more question if that ok.

• Can't seem to find the vibration function for the tilt on and off mention in the video
  • Is the TTS voice from the system its being played on, i.e. the voice on my pad is the voice that is installed on the pad, she seem a bit robotic  :)
  • presume to get voice feedback for each command, I would need to add a TTS voice event for each command

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:29:52 AM by m0v1em4n »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 11:37:44 AM »
No it was in getting the voice feedback, but seem better now, probably a network thing
No? No what?
It is highly unlikely that you are getting a 5 second delay due to a network thing unless your network has very serious problems.  It is easy to find out.  You can assume that it is your network if the delay is between when VC starts talking and when the Android starts talking, otherwise it is something else.

• Can't seem to find the vibration function for the tilt on and off mention in the video
  • Is the TTS voice from the system its being played on, i.e. the voice on my pad is the voice that is installed on the pad, she seem a bit robotic  :)
  • presume to get voice feedback for each command, I would need to add a TTS voice event for each command

1 - Watch the demo video I just posted.  I show you how to access the vibration setting.  It is under settings / application settings.
2 - Yes that is your TTS voice installed on your Android, just like all other Android apps, it uses the Android voice.  You can install new voices if you want on the play store.
3 - Correct.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 03:39:11 PM »
Hmm, I've also a lag in the TTS on my watch after update to VW2.61pro not any time but often. I will do first more tests and check if this problem is in a older Version of VW - but I have this never noticed before I updated to Version 2.61.
I report the results tomorrow.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 07:09:37 PM »
How long a delay?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:18 PM »
From 2 to 5 sec, sometimes no TTS, but I will get save, so let me take a look tomorrow (I'm at work tonight).

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 08:19:48 AM »
After a few tests with VoxWavPro 2.61 I can say - everything is ok and it works perfect. The network lag in my case was a Win8 update download in bachground, which I not noticed.  :bonk

Sorry for the trouble  :-[

Kalle