Author Topic: DLNA  (Read 1059 times)

aguileramekin

• View Profile
DLNA
« on: May 29, 2020, 05:17:04 PM »
jitterjames I have no idea how to start a new topic in the forum (can't see a button or link to do it  ???)

I would like to ask you:
- In your personal opinion which is the best option for a Server Media Sharing (DLNA) to implement with VoxCommando?
 I would like to stream over DLNA videos and music I request using VC.

I'm using MediaMonkey but I don't know if it is the best option and I having some troubles with it to play over DLNA some video files (I install suggested codecs and I can see the video on the internal player but no idea how to configure the transcoding or similar to adjust what my LG TV is receiving).

Thank you in advance...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 07:02:32 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: DLNA
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 07:00:28 AM »
It's a Simple Machines forum so it works like all the other Simple Machines forums out there. You can't create a new topic if you are already in an existing topic. You just need to navigate up one level. It's best to start on the main forum page and then look for a group that matches what you want to discuss.

A common group to create a new topic in would be here: https://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

I don't know if I can answer your question. I'm not a big fan of DLNA and don't really use it if I can avoid it.

I just connect my tv to my HTPC by HDMI. I prefer MediaMonkey for music and Kodi for video.  Maybe someone else has more to say about this.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 07:03:32 AM by nime5ter »