Author Topic: VeraLite (Wrong IP in plugin?)  (Read 3959 times)

Jazzik

• View Profile
VeraLite (Wrong IP in plugin?)
« on: December 27, 2014, 08:36:27 PM »
Hey Guys,

Got my VeraLite for christmas, been having some fun and games with it. Finally got it stable with the rest of my network (was having a hissy fit throwing out UDP all over the place and my Onkyo didnt like it.)

I've just installed the vera plugin for VC 2.1.0.7. Interestingly its finding my vera at 192.168.0.21:3840

However, that device doesnt even exist on my network, my vera is at 192.168.0.11

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VeraLite (Wrong IP in plugin?)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 08:42:39 PM »
If you still have problems with your Onkyo, you can download a new firmware for your Onkyo that will fix it.  At least I was able to with my Onkyo TX-NR509.

The IP address that our plugin returns is the one that is returned to it by Micasaverde's web service, so either they made a mistake, or it used to be at that address, or you are mistaken.  In any case if you know the IP address of your Vera you can just enter it manually.  It should not affect the functionality in VC after you enter the correct IP and save options.

Jazzik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »
Its possible it used to be at that address, need to refresh it I guess :)

Glad to hear there is a firmware fix for the Onkyo, Ill look into that too!

Cheers James, helpful as ever.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »
It's a good idea to assign a static IP to your Vera. Ideally you should use address reservation in your router's DHCP settings, but if you can't do that for some reason then you can set a static IP on the Vera itself.

Jazzik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
Done that, assigned it .11 in the DHCP reservation, VC still returning .21 in find devices despite the web interface being .11/cmh and .11 being the right mac address on my router

When I hit test in found devices in VC it fails, is there anyway I can test the connection to the Vera I have added manually, currently I dont have any devices attached to it.

Cheers

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 12:08:14 PM »
We use the following address to find your Vera's IP number: https://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php

Click that link and see what it returns.  That is the IP that their servers think your
Vera is at.  There is nothing we can do about the fact that they don't know where your Vera is.  Luckily you can enter it manually so it does not matter.

There is not much point trying to set up your Vera if you have no devices.  If you want to test the connection you can try to generate XML.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:36:52 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »
You can try installing this plugin:

https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=1408

Jazzik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 02:48:55 PM »
Went out, came back... its now on .11, *shrug* All is well. No joy with the Onkyo firmware though doesnt have an update option for some reason but I'll hassle Onkyo about that!

I'll play with that plugin, thanks again for the help the support here is amazing :)

** Just as an update, got this working with virtual switches, brilliant :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 03:08:04 PM by Jazzik »