Author Topic: VC2 in Russian -- Тестирование VoxCommando 2 на русском языке  (Read 15350 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
You've right, you need no prefix - I will get only save that VC didn't recognize any sound as a command. I use the prefix also to mute the sound which come from music or movie when I ask for a command.

Thanks, the chair is a Le Corbusier LC4

[url][http://www.ambientedirect.com/cassina/le-corbusier-lc4-liege-cassina_pid_2573_38119.html?lan=de&shop_country=de&art=229009&src=gmc&gclid=CjkKEQjw75CcBRCz2LiEs5OPsZoBEiQADgUma1Crn7nvzctfG5r9GR1qz4wiYRjn0oTwptAsibqvlZXw_wcB&aff=gmc/url]

but there are also many copies arround the net which is even cheaper ;-)

***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Do I really need prefixes? Won't two VC instances work simultaneously? I mean, "English" VC won't recognize Russian commands and vice versa, right?

P.S.: Kalle, I like your chair! ;D What model is this? Looks very comfortable (also expensive :()

Try it both ways.  Having the prefix will just make it more certain to correclty differentiate which instance you are addressing.  The point of a prefix is that it is optional anyway, when you are in "on" mode and you only need to say it when you are in "standby" mode.  You could also use the prefix event to control which instance is on and which is in standby.  When VC hears you speaking clearly the engine more or less assumes you are saying something it should understand.  It is possible that it will sometimes stretch the truth a bit to find the most likely match.

Anyway it doesn't hurt to experiment with it a bit both ways.

One of the challenges with using two instances of VC is that they can't both use the same UDP or TCP ports for receiving messages.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:38:01 PM by nime5ter »