Author Topic: a hand of questions of licencing and speaker support  (Read 2200 times)

heiserfeger77

• View Profile
a hand of questions of licencing and speaker support
« on: April 02, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »
Hello,

1. I want to buy an 40$ licence for V2. Can i use both versions V1 and V2 with the licence. How many installations are possible (two for V1 and two for V2)?

2. I want four installations (two HTPC with Mediaportal, One Server and one for testing on a laptop). Can i move a licence, when i get new hardware?

3. On the HTCP woth Mediaportal multiple Speakers want to control the Mediaportal. Is in Version V2 a better way there, to handle this (Requirements: Almost the same winuser is automatical logged in. Me, my wife and my child want to control it. at the old V1 most one person has a high rate for unterstanding, but the other persons speak are most not understand.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: a hand of questions of licencing and speaker support
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:18:46 PM »
1+2 your questions are mostly answered on our purchase page: http://voxcommando.com/buynow.asp

Yes a V2 license is good for V1 as well.  Licenses are per computer not per version.  If you have two computers you will need 1 license regardless of what combination of versions you install on it.  If you want to use VC on 3 or more computers then you will need to buy a second license.  If you want to only do testing on the 3rd machine consider using trial mode.

3: I'm not sure I completely understand the question but VC2 does not currently add any functionality for MediaPortal that was not present in VC1.  With version 2 you have the option of the alternate speech engine (SP) that doesn't use profile training and *may* work better with multiple users.  We have found that children have less success with speech recognition in general.  You can install VC2 in trial mode and try this mode to see if it works better for you.

More info for version 2: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Version_2
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:58:09 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: a hand of questions of licencing and speaker support
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 06:01:04 PM »
OH and by the way with both VC1 and VC2 (when using the normal engine) you can use multiple speech profiles and switch between them.  This feature has been around for a long time but you need to create and train all the profiles in Windows settings and then use the VC.SetProfile action to switch between them.