Author Topic: jump to specific season of tv show  (Read 2446 times)

alexktz

• $upporter
    • View Profile
jump to specific season of tv show
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »
back again after an absence of 6 months and the app seems to have come on nicely in that time! more over, the ability to use my iPhone as a live mic with mobiola is EPIC!

Anyway, my question is how might I setup XBMC to jump to a specific season of a show? For example everybody knows season 4 is the best of family guy, sometimes i just want a random episode from that season.

"Jump to Season 4 of Family Guy" or something like that...

alexktz

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: jump to specific season of tv show
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:38:18 PM »
also, i love revision3 shows. is there a way to enable vox to jump xbmc directly into a specific video plugin and then a show within that plugin?

for example tekzilla is the show i watch the most - "load me new tekzilla" which would activate the rev3 plugin then jump to tekzilla. it's also saved as a favorite if it's possible to hard code a jump to specific favourite that might work....?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »
Welcome back. :)

There is usually more than one way to solve a problem like this.

One way is to use smart playlists.  Check out the tutorial.  It is "out of date" but everything still applies and it should not be that different over all.

There are some existing commands that come with VC's standard XBMC install that use this approach.  You can take a look at the files in the smarts folder and the commands that use them for examples.

alexktz

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »
sure i understand the smart playlists feature, but what i don't get is how to pick out a specific season based upon the number that i speak...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
I guess you'll just have to watch the tutorial then, since it tells you how to do just that.

alexktz

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
i've had a good go. help me please!!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »
Looks good to me.  I tested it and it works.  Of course you need to request a season of a show that you have.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
also, i love revision3 shows. is there a way to enable vox to jump xbmc directly into a specific video plugin and then a show within that plugin?

for example tekzilla is the show i watch the most - "load me new tekzilla" which would activate the rev3 plugin then jump to tekzilla. it's also saved as a favorite if it's possible to hard code a jump to specific favourite that might work....?

Try the attached group/command.

I'm sure there must be a better way to do this but I just can't seem to figure it out.  :-[