Author Topic: "go down 5" = Go Down 1  (Read 1692 times)

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
"go down 5" = Go Down 1
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:35:40 AM »
Hi - thanks for your help previously! 

Tried googling for this, but with no luck. 

XBMC 10.0, VoxCommando .875(b).

When I say "Go down 5" (or 10) - usually it only goes down 1 - or 2.

Any suggestions?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: "go down 5" = Go Down 1
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:11:11 AM »
yes.  It seems that XBMC doesn't register the button presses if they are sent too quickly.  I will fix this in the next release, but you can also fix it by adjusting the command.

If you open the command builder for that move command you will see that currently, the action is set to repeat {2} times.  Where {2} is the number you specify in your voice command.  You could edit the action and change the {2} on the action to a one.  Then at the top of the command check "loop" enter a delay of 50 milliseconds and set the number of loops to {2}

see the attached before and after pics.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:26:45 AM by jitterjames »

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 11:52:13 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply as always!

I followed your directions (thanks for the highlights!) - but it didn't seem to do any good - ie, same results.

Tried mucking around with the millisecond pause all the way up to 350, but no good.

Finally, I disabled XBMC movement, and enabled local PC movement as shown below - works perfectly now!

(I've included the below screenshot in case someone else runs into this and the above suggestion doesn't work).

In VoxCommando, click Edit, then right-click on Keyboard EMU and select Enable/ Disable.  Do the same for XBMC movement.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »
there is no reason why my proposed method would not work (I tested it), especially if you were able to use the scroll commands since they operate on the same principle, so I think you must have missed a step.

Version 0.882 (just posted to the forum) contains a fix for the issue you were having with the.

Anyway if keyboard emulation works for you that's great.  I use it myself since it is more flexible for use with other programs.  However, some users have reported problems using keyboard emulation with XBMC so that is why the other method is set as the default.  And of course if you are running xbmc on a machine other than the one VC is on, keyboard emulation won't work at all.  Also, in some cases XBMC may not be properly focused, and in this case too, keyboard emulation won't work.

So to sum up, the commands that use XBMC.Btn.KB are generally more reliable than keyboard emulation, but emulation is a bit faster, and works with other programs too which can be nice.

Of course you could use the xbmc.focused and xbmc.unfocused Events to trigger a command that switches switch between the two command groups if you want.