Author Topic: Problems with XBMC  (Read 2045 times)

Tophicles

• View Profile
Problems with XBMC
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »
I can't seem to get VC to move up or down a list of items in XBMC.
The command shows in the VC window, but it doesn't do anything...

Any ideas? I'm using the latest version.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Problems with XBMC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:01:04 PM »
I don't know what you mean by the "latest version", and I don't know which exact command you are using, but normally the move and scroll commands are set up to use keyboard emulation.  They will only work on the same computer as VoxCommando, on whatever program has focus.  Try using the same command on some other program.

In version 0.872 you can change the commands to use xbmc button codes instead, if keyboard emulation doesn't work on your system for some reason.  It is not quite as fast as keyboard emulation but is still pretty quick.

Example actions:

XBMC.Btn.KB     Up
XBMC.Btn.KB     Down

You say the command shows in the VC Window.  Which window do you mean?

Tophicles

• View Profile
Re: Problems with XBMC
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 05:57:57 AM »
I don't know what you mean by the "latest version", and I don't know which exact command you are using, but normally the move and scroll commands are set up to use keyboard emulation.  They will only work on the same computer as VoxCommando, on whatever program has focus.  Try using the same command on some other program.

In version 0.872 you can change the commands to use xbmc button codes instead, if keyboard emulation doesn't work on your system for some reason.  It is not quite as fast as keyboard emulation but is still pretty quick.

Example actions:

XBMC.Btn.KB     Up
XBMC.Btn.KB     Down

You say the command shows in the VC Window.  Which window do you mean?

I am using the most current version offered in the forum: 8.73 I beleive.
Ah, my issue is then that I'm using VC on another computer, not the one that XBMC lives on.
I'll attempt to use the XMBC button sends, as everything I'm doing relies on the HTTP API.

Thanks.