Author Topic: Updated payload xml doesn't work  (Read 2775 times)

mht

• View Profile
Updated payload xml doesn't work
« on: May 14, 2015, 05:09:26 PM »
I have some commands with payload xml to turn on/off devices through my Vera system. After installing new devices I have refreshed the payload xml. I have looked att the payload xml file and verified that it now contains the new devices.  When I try to use the commands refering to that payload xml I cant get it to work. I have also verified that my command is refering to the right xml file. I have purge cache and done a full restart with no effect.

When using the pre installed help command to show avaible commands, the new devices is also missing as avaible payloads.

What am I doing wrong?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Updated payload xml doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:56:26 PM »
I have some commands with payload xml to turn on/off devices through my Vera system. After installing new devices I have refreshed the payload xml. I have looked att the payload xml file and verified that it now contains the new devices.  When I try to use the commands refering to that payload xml I cant get it to work. I have also verified that my command is refering to the right xml file. I have purge cache and done a full restart with no effect.

When using the pre installed help command to show avaible commands, the new devices is also missing as avaible payloads.

What am I doing wrong?

What you are saying sounds like it is actually impossible, so there is probably something in your account that is technically not quite correct.  Without more information I can't know which part it is.  Specifically, when you say that you purged the cache, that makes it impossible for it to be using an old version of the XML file, as far as I know.

To help you I would need more information about the specific command you are using and I would probably need to see a log file (a complete log file that starts before, during and after any updates that should be changing your payloads and their dependent command grammars).  If you want to make a video showing the steps you are taking, that might make it easier to see what might be going wrong in your process.

On thing that occurs to me:

In the case of Vera, if you have removed devices or if device IDs have changed for some reason (i.e. you have done more than just add new devices) then you might want to delete the xml files.  The reason for this is that the vera plugin does not overwrite existing payload xml entries, in case you renamed devices to make their names more speech friendly.

If a log or video doesn't clear it up I can come take a look (remotely) and probably identify the problem pretty quickly.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 06:07:53 PM »
It might also help if you could be more specific about what you mean by "can't get it to work".  Does that mean it can't recognize the voice command, or that it appears to recognize you but the lights don't actually switch on/off?

mht

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 07:24:39 PM »
I can't get VC to recognize my commands when using the name on the newly added devices. The names for those devices is present in the payload xml file used in the command.

When running the command "Show active commands" I don't get all the possible options that are present in the payload xml. Is the command "Show active commands" supposed to show all entries in the corresponding payload xml? If so I don't think my problem has to do with voice recognition since all the names in the payload xml aren't showing in the active commands list produced.

I have deleted all the vera xml files and the had VC create them again from scratch. That hasn't helped.

I will try a few other things tomorrow including reinstalling VC.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 08:22:47 PM »
The show help actions only show the first few payloads from any xml file.  Imagine what the help file would look like if we showed all payloads for all your music, and videos, titles, albums, artists etc.

mht

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 07:23:30 AM »
Thanks for your effort to assist me!

After a server restart and a rebuild of the vera payload xml I got it to work. Some of my problems can be explaind by the fact that I had renamed and done a lot of other changes on my vera.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 08:05:34 AM »
OK.  Weird.

Anyway thanks for letting us know.