Author Topic: VoxTools Repository broken?  (Read 2307 times)

Aaron_lloyd

• View Profile
VoxTools Repository broken?
« on: December 26, 2015, 11:41:10 PM »
Hey, so I was just trying to install the VoxTools add-on for Kodi 15.2. The repository that the wiki instructs to install seems to either be broken or empty. :/

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: VoxTools Repository broken?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 02:53:57 AM »
Aaron_lloyd Welcome to the Forum,  :)

The VoxTools Add-on isn't run from kodi, it is used by Voxcommando.

it is needed for certain actions such as XJson.SetVol, XJson.SmartPL, and XJson.VoxTools (youtube search)

XJson.VoxTools, is no longer required to perform a youtube search, jitterjames shared the new method here - http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2236.msg19397#msg19397

Aaron_lloyd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 04:15:20 AM »
Aaron_lloyd Welcome to the Forum,  :)

The VoxTools Add-on isn't run from kodi, it is used by Voxcommando.

it is needed for certain actions such as XJson.SetVol, XJson.SmartPL, and XJson.VoxTools (youtube search)

XJson.VoxTools, is no longer required to perform a youtube search, jitterjames shared the new method here - http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2236.msg19397#msg19397

Why is there a repository for Kodi then? And why is there a mention in the Json.ExecBuiltin action description about needing it? I came across this when I tried to figure out why the party mode command wasn't working...

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 04:33:22 AM »
Why is there a repository for Kodi then? And why is there a mention in the Json.ExecBuiltin action description about needing it? I came across this when I tried to figure out why the party mode command wasn't working...

it's needed to help communication from VC to Kodi

as mentioned in the wiki it is needed for some of the commands such as XJson.SetVol, XJson.SmartPL, and XJson.VoxTools (youtube search)

I believe party mode Requires the use of XJson.SmartPL  (SmartPL = Smart Playlist)
its also used if you use a command such as "find movie 'avatar'"

if you want to set the volume level in Kodi from Voxcommando then you would need the VoxTools addon to use XJson.SetVol

as for it being mentioned under Json.ExecBuiltin, I'm not sure why it is mentioned there and not on the wiki, I think we will have to see what jitterjames the creator of Voxcommando has to say

for your party mode command that is not working, can your share the command xml here so we can test it and see whats not working,

how to post XML code on the forum http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum#Posting_Your_Code_to_the_Forum

Aaron_lloyd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 09:01:26 AM »

"it's needed to help communication from VC to Kodi"

What's needed? An addon? Because that's what I'm saying is missing, the repository is empty and repository on its own does nothing.

"if you want to set the volume level in Kodi from Voxcommando then you would need the VoxTools addon to use XJson.SetVol"

That doesn't appear to be the case as this seems to work perfectly for me. Thankfully :)

"for your party mode command that is not working, can your share the command xml here so we can test it and see whats not working, "

It's all still just the defaults;

- <command id="275" name="Party mode" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
- <action>
  <cmdType>XJson.ExecBuiltin</cmdType>
- <params>
  <param>PlayerControl(PartyMode(music))</param>
  </params>
  <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase optional="true">begin, start, play</phrase>
  <phrase>party mode</phrase>
  </command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 09:20:41 AM »
Maybe there is a problem with the server hosting the repository.  I will look into it.  It's certainly possible that it is empty now for some reason, but it was working fine last I checked.

The addon is only needed for certain things.  Anything that uses xJson.Raw should work normally, but some of the other actions won't work without it.  Volume can be set using a raw action but there is also an action for setting the volume using the VoxTools addon which ramps volume up or down smoothly.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »
What version of VoxCommando are you using?  I actually can't answer your question until I know the version number because we made changes to the repository in the latest version (2.2.1.3) because we had to move it to GitHub.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2381.msg20633#msg20633
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:05:35 AM by jitterjames »

Aaron_lloyd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 04:05:07 PM »
What version of VoxCommando are you using?  I actually can't answer your question until I know the version number because we made changes to the repository in the latest version (2.2.1.3) because we had to move it to GitHub.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2381.msg20633#msg20633

I'm using 2.2.0.9 (the latest stable), I'll try using the repository that comes with the beta and let you know if that includes the voxtools. Thanks.

EDIT: That did it. The Repository in the beta has the add on there. Installing the repository also got party mode voice activation working.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:12:39 PM by Aaron_lloyd »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 04:20:25 PM »
I tested both versions of the repo and they both worked normally for me, allowing me to install the VoxTools addon without any difficulty.  Perhaps the Google code server was temporarily down or otherwise inaccessible to you at the time for some reason.