Author Topic: MySql scan abborted error  (Read 5968 times)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: MySql scan abborted error
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 03:24:26 PM »
my database may be wrong,

after I posted my message I remembered that we stopped using the "music" section of Kodi after we started to use music videos,
and I just checked to see if I had any music scanned in to my music library and my library is empty even though my database is saying there are 4,300 songs, if I recall correctly we only had around 2,000 songs,

I think we need to see if someone else is using the music section in there Kodi setup, along with MySql, sorry for the confusion

ironmantetsuo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »
hi  :)

New here and i don't have a clue what i'm doing, but maybe this helps anyone...

i ran into the same problems running kodi 15.2 with a mysql library. After reading this topic and playing around a bit, i managed to scan everything from my library. (except for music videos and tv, but i don't use those)

here are the commands i had to change:

xbmcMovies
movieview > movie_view

xbmcVideoGenres
idGenre > genre_id
strGenre > name
(these only for video. music stays the same i think)

xbmcMovieActors
table = actor (not actors)
idActor  > actor_id
strActor > name
actorlinkmovie > actor_link

After these changes, everything seems to be working perfect  :D

I hardly use kodi for music, but do have some files in my library and didn't get any errors scanning the 'music52.songview' table or any other part of the music database, so i'm guessing those problems are not due to database changes in Isengard.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »
Thanks.

I will be including an updated version of the plugin in the next version of VC that should be fine, except that I don't know about live TV.

There was also a problem with the "songs by artist" payloads that will be fixed, but I don't think too many people use that.

Another improvement I will make is that in most cases, if there is an error, it will now continue trying to generate other payloads instead of aborting.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:56:19 PM by jitterjames »