Author Topic: Remote XBMC instances with VC and smart playlists  (Read 2939 times)

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Remote XBMC instances with VC and smart playlists
« on: June 06, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »
I have been getting all my XBMC instances thorughout the house working with VC. Everything is working good except for when I try to use smart playlists. The way that I have my server setup is it houses all the playlists in a central location by symlinking the "xbmc\userdata\playlists" folder to a shared folder on the server. This is where it gets confusing for me, if I make a new smart playlist.....lets say "Artist Hits" with the artist "Motley Crue" and the playlists\mixed folder is empty (no voxsmart.xsp in there) it creates the voxsmart.xsp just fine but.....if there is a voxsmart.xsp ALREADY in the folder it will not overwrite it with a NEW ARTIST.....now if I delete the voxsmart.xsp BEFORE i change to a new artist it works fine. I'm stumped, I've checked folder permissions on the server and everything is fine (VC has complete control over folder). Anybody got a clue?

(I got around it by deleting voxsmart.xsp evertime before a new one is created)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:28:28 PM by rebelmaveric19 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Remote XBMC instances with VC and smart playlists
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »
VoxCommando  doesn't create this file, it is written by the voxtools add-on in XBMC, so only XBMC should require permissions. I don't understand your file setup or why each client does not use its own directories, but this sounds more like a "file being accessed by multiple programs " problem rather than a permissions problem.  I don't think XBMC clients are intended to share these folders but you coul try asking an XBMC expert.

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »
I only share the playlist folder between instances...nothing else. Easier to sync playlist all throughout the house. I'll ask someone over on xbmc though thanks.