Author Topic: VoxCommando does not work in some programs  (Read 1447 times)

Maplebar

• $upporter
    • View Profile
VoxCommando does not work in some programs
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:34:55 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm running a slightly older version of VoxCommando. It doesn't work in some programs that I run, such as Registry Editor. I think I understand the reason why it doesn't work when a program like Registry Editor is open, but it does not work while I am playing certain video games too (such as Blade and Soul). Is there any option to make VoxCommando work in while any program is open? (Is it in a newer version of VoxCommando?)

:)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:06:34 AM by Maplebar »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxCommando does not work in some programs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:21 AM »
Please review:
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support#When_You_Ask

What do you mean "does not work"? That could mean a lot of different things.

A "slightly older version"?  What version number? ::club

Maplebar

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 04:08:00 AM »
Sorry. I was not specific enough.

The Version I am using is 1.1.0.0.

It doesn't work in some programs that I run, such as Registry Editor. To be more specific: when the program Registry Editor is opened and its window is highlighted, VoxCommando will not recognize any commands that I say. If, however, click on a different window, such as Google Chrome, VoxCommando will recognize any commands that I say.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 09:19:42 AM »
Oh.  1.1.0.0.  Really?  Wow.

Version 1 is no longer supported (especially not 1.1.0.0), but I did a test with 1.1.9.1 and it works fine so the problem must either be specific to your system or you are thinking one thing is happening when actually something else is happening.  In any case I don't think anybody needs to use regedit very often on a system that is functioning correctly and even then I don't recommend using voice control in that program, so I would not worry about VC not working for you in regedit.

Here's what I did in my test.  I created a non administrative account on Windows 10.  I installed VoxCommando 1.1.9.1.  I turned UAC all the way up to maximum security.  I ran VoxCommando, then I opened RegEdit and made sure it was focused.  VC continues to listen and understand me normally.  I was also able to do keyboard emulation to move up and down using voice commands that implement the inputkeys.send action.

Perhaps you are confusing two things.  VC not understanding your commands is not the same thing as VC failing to execute actions.  If you are running regedit.exe with elevated privileges (i.e. running it as Admin), then VC won't be able to send it keyboard or mouse emulation without also having elevated privileges.  This is a normal part of the Windows security framework.

I recommend that you upgrade to version 2, but if you want keep using version 1 then you should at least update to 1.1.9.1.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:19:02 AM by jitterjames »