Author Topic: Skin AeonMq 2 version 2.8.0 changelog and more  (Read 11369 times)

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
Skin AeonMq 2 version 2.8.0 changelog and more
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »
Today, this new version is released, here the changelog and instructions for install, enjoy:

News in version 2.8.0:

Skin fastest, Lite mode, new colors of cases, support script Next Aired, Shelf view, CoverFlow view, Widget Aeon MQ 2, Media Case for Bluray 3D and more ...

Summary of functions of the skin:

- Lite Mode - In this mode, the skin uses less resources keeping the main functionalities. If you have an AppleTV2 or Low End HTPC and would like a skin faster, select this mode.

- Compact Mode - In this mode, only items already in the main menu may be customised. If you do not need new menus, or want the fastest browsing experience, select this mode.

- Normal Mode - In this mode, the skin allows for up to 7 new menus and 35 custom submenus. For a good balance of customisation and browsing speed, select this mode.

- Full Mode - In this mode, the skin allows for up to 35 new menus and new 310 custom submenus. If you need the greatest amount of customisation, select this mode.
- Pro Mode - In this mode, the skin uses the original Aeon style. It allows for up to 7 new menus and as many as 35 custom submenus. If you prefer a traditional Aeon look, choose this mode.

- Styles; Choose a different style to the menu bar and the icon of the last added, are three different types as well as 11 colors available.

- Supports multiple plugins such as Apple Movie Trailers, Next Aired, PseudoTV, TVtunes, Cinema Experience, CULyrics, LRCLyrics, XBMC subtitles among others.

- Updater - Exclusive Update mode to make small corrections quickly and conveniently than the Addon Repository itself to complete updates.

Changelog 2.8.0:

New - Lite Mode, which uses low resources, suitable for Low End HTPCs .
New - Support to Next Aired script.
New - Shelf view - support the Movies, Shows and Serials.
New - CoverFlow view - support the Movies, and Music Shows and Serials.
New – Widget ‘Skin Status’. He tells the theme used, style used, version of the skin and a button to check for updates.
New - Popup progress reports that update the skin.
New - Configuration window for the view modes, now it's easier to turn on and off, and there is a preview of each mode.
New - Landscape now supports landscape.jpg.
New - View Mode Wide now supports alternative banner.
New - Media Case for Bluray 3D.
New - New Color for default Media Case.
New - Support for colors in all skin.
New - Improved access to audio/video controls via the keyboard in main menu.
New - Button to reset all settings of the skin, corrects errors and improves the browsing speed.
New - Option to turn off the Movie Cover in OSD.
New - Translation Updated - Spanish - thanks to tonigb for that.

Fix - Custom Background for Weather Weather.plus.
Fix - Missing submenu during audio visualization in main menu.
Fix - Missing submenu in XBMC Eden pre 11.
Fix - Overlay the video window with weather in the main menu.
Fix - Default background for TVshows.
Fix - Low List view, the clearart gets in the way of the Info Panel.
Fix - WIDE view, included watched flag if the list is focused.
Fix - Inclusion of German Rating in DialogFullScreenInfo (thanks to mad-max).
Fix - ShowCase view for Playlist, scripts, programas and pictures.
Fix - small fix of language.
Fix - If you add a new menu is not displayed correctly the bar red or blue - enabled and disabled.
Fix - Fanart Fallback function does not work properly for the collection and SmartPlaylist.
Fix - Maximize List in Low List view causes info to overlap.
Fix - Low List view, "Director" label with translation error.
Fix - Thumb on OSD it does not look good when the show is in 4:3 format.
Fix - When using Landscape on the OSD as thumb, no thumbnail is displayed.
Fix - Multi DVD setup, the selection popup for the Part 1, Part 2 etc. not very clear.
Fix - Recently Added/TVshow plot - Fixed problem with text overlapping in some cases, and was included the scroll.

Change - Shortcut customisation - Cinema, PseudoTV and TV Guide - appear only if you have the addon installed.
Change - Video Fanart Splitter(random background) is no longer more included in the skin. You must install the add-on.

Themes updated to version 2.8.0, the old themes do not work correctly.
More themes available: - There are 6 different themes for you to manually install with just one click.

- Cold Colors - Dark
- Cold Colors - Light
- Digital Art - Dark
- Digital Art - Light
- Warm Colors - Dark
- Warm Colors - Light

Please read this carefully before attempting to upgrade your current version.

Before installing a new version, XBMC deletes the previous version of the skin, but because this skin is being used it can only delete half of it, what happens?
The old skin is not removed correctly if this happens you will see only a black screen. Do not worry just install again using a different skin.

Open XBMC change to Confluence, go to System> Add-ons and then yes install the Aeon MQ 2.8.0 by ZIP option.
Doing so has no error.

Here we go, how to install:

Download the new repository and install the Add-ons> Install via ZIP.
Then select Get Add-ons, choose Repo Aeon MQ> Skin and select Install.
At the end of the download is normal to get a black screen for a few seconds, this is a feature of XBMC .
If an error occurs just install again.

VERY IMPORTANT:

In version 2.8.0, many commands then changed or are no longer used, so to ensure that your skin works well (fast), after installing the skin is strongly use the new "SKIN RESTART" in menu AEON MQ 2, this function corrects errors and Improve the browsing speed.
Is no longer necessary to delete the guisettings.xml

All download links are on my site

Visit site Marcos, here

http://www.marcosqui.com.br/skin_english.html

For new install: install the repo, go do addons, install using option: install via zip file.
http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/xbmc.repo.aeonmq.2.zip

or

download this and install manually
http://xbmcaeonmq.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xbmcaeonmq/skin.aeonmq.2/skin.aeonmq.2-2.8.0.zip

unzip here:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\

How to update:

This skin has two ways of updating:

1 - Updater, it only refreshes the revision of the skin.
The check for updates is always done after 1 minute you open the skin and then every 6 hours with the skin open. Is now also possible to search manually when you want using the new widget 'Skin Status'.
A popup appears informing the update and then reboot to be able to apply the changes.

2 - Repo add-on, like the other add-ons updates the skin when complete, will be used only when you have a new version of the skin.

How to install the themes: - additional themes are just, the download is optional

Download one of the theme files (they are self-extracting file)
Execute the file (i.e. double-click) and it will unzip the theme files to the correct location on your hard drive.
Run xbmc, open skin SETTINGS > APPEARANCE and select the theme.
link for addons

http://github.com/downloads/Wanilton/VoxCommando/addons.zip

For voxcommando use, are specific options in settings, look in Extra Options, General tab.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:24:06 AM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
Re: Skin AeonMq 2 version 2.8.0 changelog and more
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »
Sorry friends, version 2.8.1 is available, the update should be successful now.
Go to addons, settings, active update skin now.

Wanilton
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:47:21 PM »
 :biglaugh

don't apologize! thanks.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 01:54:52 AM »
Sorry friends, version 2.8.1 is available, the update should be successful now.
Go to addons, settings, active update skin now.

Wanilton

Thanks Wanilton, it works fine   :clap

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

senthil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:55:36 AM »
Great theme and great work but honestly this following original new horizontal version of confluence skin looks simply perfect!  ;D

http://code.google.com/p/jezzxbmc/updates/list

believe me! you wont be disappointed!

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:49:20 PM »
Senthil,

Thanks for the tip.
With respect to skin aeonmq, I can say is that version 3.0 is a skin that is being built to be much faster, much smaller and more efficient while maintaining all the features already present in the current.

Wanilton
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
Great theme and great work but honestly this following original new horizontal version of confluence skin looks simply perfect!  ;D

http://code.google.com/p/jezzxbmc/updates/list

believe me! you wont be disappointed!
Even the graphics, which Marcos used in Aeon are well worth the Aeon skin. It runs perfectly on my dual atom and works closely with VoxCommando.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 12:06:28 PM »
Confluence = YAWN.

adding a horizontal main menu is not enough to make Confluence <> YAWN

Confluence is a great skin to have as a standard default for XBMC, but it can't compete with MQ2, IMO

senthil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
Confluence = YAWN.

adding a horizontal main menu is not enough to make Confluence <> YAWN

Confluence is a great skin to have as a standard default for XBMC, but it can't compete with MQ2, IMO

I agree with you but did you try that new skin it's just not about horizontal menu there are more modifications in the skin, seriously install and give it a try. i didn't say one better than other! every skin has it's unique advantage specially MQ2

" we hate something because we don't know it and we will never know it because we hate it "

;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 12:37:26 PM »
the link you provide is to a change-log which is not very informative.  I could not find instruction for the skin anywhere, or sample screenshots.  I downloaded the .zip file named "skin.confluence-horizontal.zip" and tried to do an "install from zip" in xbmc addons, but I got an error "dependencies not met"

so no, I did not try it.  I certainly did not say that I "hate" it.  I am very happy that there are lots of choices out there for people, and as I said confluence is a great default skin.

Since I am familiar with confluence, and the only description I could find for this "new" skin was "Current Confluence skin with a Horizontal home menu (instead of vertical)", I figured I had a pretty good idea what it would look like.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:41:25 PM by jitterjames »

senthil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 02:05:14 PM »
the link you provide is to a change-log which is not very informative.  I could not find instruction for the skin anywhere, or sample screenshots.  I downloaded the .zip file named "skin.confluence-horizontal.zip" and tried to do an "install from zip" in xbmc addons, but I got an error "dependencies not met"

so no, I did not try it.  I certainly did not say that I "hate" it.  I am very happy that there are lots of choices out there for people, and as I said confluence is a great default skin.

Since I am familiar with confluence, and the only description I could find for this "new" skin was "Current Confluence skin with a Horizontal home menu (instead of vertical)", I figured I had a pretty good idea what it would look like.

sorry about that not providing proper information about the installation. just unzip that file and past it in the XBMC addon directory and then you have the option to choose the skin inside XBMC. i'm using it under eden 11 build provided by our "Wanilton" on this post

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=479.0

cheers.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 03:31:07 PM »
- Which addons folder?  (there are 2)

- Does it *require* Eden, or does it work with 10.1?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 03:43:41 PM »
OK, I used the addons folder in "Program Files" and that seemed to work.  I tested on a machine with an Eden nightly from April.

It is very nice, but it still looks pretty much like confluence to me (but a bit nicer).  For one thing I like Fanart and confluence does not allow me to view anything in a way where I can actually *see* the fanart.  As I said, confluence is a nice "default" skin and it is nice and fast, and it works.  It is a great place for new users to start too because it is less confusing to set up.

Ultimately for me though, there is no contest between MQ2 and confluence.  I just looked quickly, maybe it is possible to do some special configuration to make it better, but AFAIK that is another area where MQ2 is far better. Option, options, and more options... :)

In any case, thanks for sharing.  It is good to know about.  :bignod

senthil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 02:58:29 AM »
OK, I used the addons folder in "Program Files" and that seemed to work.  I tested on a machine with an Eden nightly from April.

It is very nice, but it still looks pretty much like confluence to me (but a bit nicer).  For one thing I like Fanart and confluence does not allow me to view anything in a way where I can actually *see* the fanart.  As I said, confluence is a nice "default" skin and it is nice and fast, and it works.  It is a great place for new users to start too because it is less confusing to set up.

Ultimately for me though, there is no contest between MQ2 and confluence.  I just looked quickly, maybe it is possible to do some special configuration to make it better, but AFAIK that is another area where MQ2 is far better. Option, options, and more options... :)

In any case, thanks for sharing.  It is good to know about.  :bignod

I totally agree with you.. thanks.