Author Topic: TV on XBMC  (Read 62994 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: TV on XBMC
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »
Wanilton, thanks for all,

the AEON-Skin is wonderful!

Kalle
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:15:20 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »
Kalle, look inside the directory skin.AeonMQ-2, you'll find a folder called language, if you have time and can translate the strings for German, send me the translated file that we launched together.
Look attached file is incomplete, you have to take English, copy the file to a directory Germany, and translate each string.
to change the language XBMC - go to settings, appearance, language is the second option

Kalle, the skin is the update automatically, you need not do anything to receive the new files. During the upgrade you should not quit xbmc,
 wait until the end, you will receive on-screen visual report when the procedure is finished.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:06:46 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »
James, performs tests and worked perfect here to search for movies by using the same phrase you used, without those images fanarts appearing before the movie called.

www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 05:13:14 PM »
Kallle,

Download this - 247 mb
http://xbmcaeonmq.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xbmcaeonmq/skin/media/textures.xbt

Download and overwrite this file,
C:\Users\Kalle\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.AeonMQ-2\media\textures.xbt

This will fix somethings, like weather, or when you're in the area of films, and press the letter "i" will get the movie data

Wanilton
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 05:24:14 AM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »
it may have something to do with the custom fanart that I am using...  I guess I could try turning it off.  But I like having the movie images cycling on the main "home" page when I select movies, tv etc...

or maybe something has changed in the new version of the skin?

or maybe your computer is just faster than my laptop.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 05:22:13 PM »
Hi Wanilton,

thanks, Aeon is perfect. MythTV is not my favorit for watch Live TV, i try WMC for watch TV, but the rest of media is reserved for XBMC with AEON. I take a look in the string.xml and translate what i can.

Greetings Kalle

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »
Kalle, look inside the directory skin.AeonMQ-2, you'll find a folder called language, if you have time and can translate the strings for German, send me the translated file that we launched together.
Look attached file is incomplete, you have to take English, copy the file to a directory Germany, and translate each string.
to change the language XBMC - go to settings, appearance, language is the second option

Kalle, the skin is the update automatically, you need not do anything to receive the new files. During the upgrade you should not quit xbmc,
 wait until the end, you will receive on-screen visual report when the procedure is finished.

List was translated almost complete, add the rest.

Kalle

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 06:13:29 AM »
it may have something to do with the custom fanart that I am using...  I guess I could try turning it off.  But I like having the movie images cycling on the main "home" page when I select movies, tv etc...

or maybe something has changed in the new version of the skin?

or maybe your computer is just faster than my laptop.

Hi James,

on my HTPC is also a little bit slowly (Atom Dual Core 2x1.8 Ghz, 2 GB RAM), I test a RAM-Upgrade to 4 GB.
The skin is nearly 1 GB in main memory  :-\ but VC works fine with it.

Kalle

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 06:47:21 AM »
There's something wrong there, I use XBMC with Aeon skin, and as much memory that the process takes is 140 mb of RAM ..
Kalle, take this opportunity to ask after all the TV works in XBMC, or does not work, or working poor?

XBMC shortcut keys attached file
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 10:33:08 AM »
my laptop is actually pretty fast, and I find everything to be pretty smooth, it is just that there seem to be too many fanart images changing in the background before I get to my final destination.

If I am in movies and I say "find tv show simpsons", it first changes to a new random movie fanart, then a new random TV fanart, then maybe another, and finally the simpsons fanart.  but it all happens pretty quickly and smoothly.

I think there should be (maybe there is) a setting to say that I want random fan art on the home screen only, and on TV and Movie pages, I only want to see fan art for the active item.

It would also be nice if xbmc knew when it was "travelling" from one place to another, and would pause or hide the fanart slideshow until it gets to where it is going.  I don't know whether this is the responsibility of the core program or the skin, but it would make the skin seem faster and more responsive.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:56:49 AM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 02:30:29 PM »
There's something wrong there, I use XBMC with Aeon skin, and as much memory that the process takes is 140 mb of RAM ..
Kalle, take this opportunity to ask after all the TV works in XBMC, or does not work, or working poor?

XBMC shortcut keys attached file

Hi Wanilton,

MythTV plugin works not really, it is to complicated to configure for me. The install process has bugs (want a scipt folder, but that did not exist yet). If I have created this, I could install MythTV. Now I had problems configuring "No access to MySQL database". I have no idea where to find them. All in all, too complicated, but no problem, it was only a test.
I have found another XBMC-TV-plugin, what do you think of this?

http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/

Kalle

sorry  :bonk have not seen that I had run several other programs in the background. XBMC just need 104-140MB + ~ 45MB VC, that's fine.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:39:21 PM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »
VoxCommando should need about 30 megs if you have a small grammar.  When you start to add alot of artist, albums songs, movies etc. it will grow to accommodate the language model for all the things you might say.  My XBMC configuration of VC uses about 80 megs.  I can see easily going over 100, but who cares.  100 is not that much really.  A 4 gig system is pretty standard these days.  You might run in to trouble on a atom processor with only 2 gig of ram though... in that case the solution would be to not include song titles, or to edit out all the crappy songs...  ;)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 07:55:57 PM »
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH,

LiveTV on XBMC run ;D

It was hard work (install/deinstall... and so one)
The solution is: MediaPortal TVserver as backend and a plugin for XBMC as a frontend.

Wanilton, i have tested with "Confluence-Skin", i will test next time with AEON-Skin, i hope it will be run!

Kalle

PS: James, i will test the ProfilChanger tomorrow, i am very tired, but happy  :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:35:42 AM by Kalle »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2010, 02:43:02 AM »
Moin Kalle,

wenn Du das ganze soweit am Laufen hast, auch unter Aeon, könntest Du dann viell. mal ne Art kurzen
Leitfaden machen, was man so braucht und wie man's installiert usw.?

Ich nutze auch schon länger XBMC auf einem Acer Revo3610, der hat aber keine TV-Karte.

Was für Hardware, bzw. welche TV-Karte nutzt Du dafür denn z.Zt.?
(Ich glaube nicht, das der Atom-Proz. im Revo3610 mit einer DVB-S2 (HD) USB-TV Karte zurecht kommt.
Und für DVB-S oder sogar DVB-T lohnt das irgendwie dann doch nicht, wenn direkt nebenan eh ein HD-Receiver steht.
Kabel haben wir leider nicht, nur SAT).

Is schon interessant die Geschichte, der Nachfolger von Dharma soll das ganze dann ja auch direkt bekommen.

Thankz,
Siutsch.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 04:59:18 AM »
Moin Suitsch,

mach ich gerne, habe es mit DVB-T getestet und funktioniert ganz gut. Die Prozessorlast liegt bei etwas über 20%! Kommt auf den Grafikchipsatz an, bei mir ION2 mit dezitierten 512MB DDR3-RAM. Werde es demnächts noch mit einer externen USB-HD-BOX von Terratec (H7) testen, besser wäre die Digitaleverywhere Firefly mein HTPC hat leider kein Firewire.
Die Umschaltzeiten sind ein bisschen langsam, aber ok dafür sieht es gut aus.  ;)

Gruß Kalle
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 04:44:45 AM by Kalle »