Author Topic: TV on XBMC  (Read 63173 times)

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: TV on XBMC
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2011, 02:04:45 PM »
Oops - delay that request. I installed r355 and not the  CTV.rar file... re-installing proper vers.

ok - installed proper version
put the plug in - in and enabled.

it has hostname   127.0.0.1  do I leave that or change to my IP of my machine on my network?

running in video - it says   WORKING please wait, then says   Server is offline or unavailable.
So I assume I'm suppose to my put machines IP in the hostname?

seems to want a server of sorts.

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »
Maybe it's not finding the plug in? 

I put the  plugin.video.tvserver     FOLDER inside the addons folder.

Trying...   moving contends of  plugin.video.tvserver   into  addons folder.
(instructions weren't clear on that).

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »
Oops - delay that request. I installed r355 and not the  CTV.rar file... re-installing proper vers.

ok - installed proper version
put the plug in - in and enabled.

it has hostname   127.0.0.1  do I leave that or change to my IP of my machine on my network?

running in video - it says   WORKING please wait, then says   Server is offline or unavailable.
So I assume I'm suppose to my put machines IP in the hostname?

seems to want a server of sorts.

You're a fast writer  ;D

It was long time ago when I tested it. The ip 127.xxx is ok, run the TVserverxbmc.exe in debug folder MediaportalXBMCserver plugin, I think I always had to start earlier before XBMC has found the server. I currently do not have to test this possibility, since I'm not at home
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2011, 02:21:58 PM »
THANKS! - (you folks are SO MUCH more friendly and helpful than the MP forum folks).

I ran the exe...  got further.  I now see all my mp (preconfigured) TV channel listings and favorites.
(but still no picture) I click on one and nothing happens.

I'm a bit in a rush since I have to go away = (    but I'll be back tonight.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
THANKS! - (you folks are SO MUCH more friendly and helpful than the MP forum folks).

I ran the exe...  got further.  I now see all my mp (preconfigured) TV channel listings and favorites.
(but still no picture) I click on one and nothing happens.

I'm a bit in a rush since I have to go away = (    but I'll be back tonight.

ok, tomorrow i will show what i can do for You  ;D

Greetings Kalle

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
GREAT - thanks!    If it helps, here is a capture of what seems to be going on.

http://www.ronkramer.net/ronsrapcture.jpg

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »
Just wanted to contribute some answers to questions that came up here:

version 10 came after Dharma rc1 and rc2, which where release candidates for version 10.

RC1 and RC2 could be though of as 9.8 and 9.9 (though that is not technically correct).

the ip address 127.0.0.1 generally translates to "the IP of this computer", also known as "local host", so it will usually work if the server and the client are the same machine.

and YES, this is the best forum with the best members. ;)  hee hee!

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
Thanks again - yeah - I noticed that 127.0.0.1 - was loading the IP for local host  (since that IP could change).

It took me a month to get MP working - I got this working in 2 minutes, but not including TV yet.  Still looks like it would be 24 hours or so.

Anyway - reason for switching was EG and VoxCommando control. I have a amulet remote and would be nice to voice control music that I'm hearing on the porch... also vol up and vol down via amulet remote.
XBMC feels so much more stable.  Clicking around playing vid n stuff in MP - I was always expecting a crash. (which came true many times). The docs are non exsistant and the support is "vague" to put it nicely. Though I did find some good folks that helped here and there.  I think the issue there is, there are so many people in need of support that there isn't time to address everyone.

Two configuration programs, external to MP - which options were where? then  "team" before media portal so looking for "Media... in program files" was often showig nothing, until I learned "team" then some things were in  programfiles and well others again in programfile data.  It's really a nightmare.  (to many cooks?).  Well I shouldn't complain, - it's free.  And it is cool when it works.

I did have problems with it playing all my video formats.  So far XBMC has played all of them.  (though some of my dvd rips, aren't appearing in the movie library) but that's the least of my questions at this point.
What about messages to/from event ghost?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2011, 07:37:44 PM »
Thanks again - yeah - I noticed that 127.0.0.1 - was loading the IP for local host  (since that IP could change).

It took me a month to get MP working - I got this working in 2 minutes, but not including TV yet.  Still looks like it would be 24 hours or so.

Anyway - reason for switching was EG and VoxCommando control. I have a amulet remote and would be nice to voice control music that I'm hearing on the porch... also vol up and vol down via amulet remote.
XBMC feels so much more stable.  Clicking around playing vid n stuff in MP - I was always expecting a crash. (which came true many times). The docs are non exsistant and the support is "vague" to put it nicely. Though I did find some good folks that helped here and there.  I think the issue there is, there are so many people in need of support that there isn't time to address everyone.

Two configuration programs, external to MP - which options were where? then  "team" before media portal so looking for "Media... in program files" was often showig nothing, until I learned "team" then some things were in  programfiles and well others again in programfile data.  It's really a nightmare.  (to many cooks?).  Well I shouldn't complain, - it's free.  And it is cool when it works.

I did have problems with it playing all my video formats.  So far XBMC has played all of them.  (though some of my dvd rips, aren't appearing in the movie library) but that's the least of my questions at this point.

With EC, I have no experience, my USB-UIRT has still not delivered :-(
A solution to TV with XBMC get later from me, I would first look up again, as I had done that, but it worked. So have a little patience.

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »

Now you are just getting lazy. :bonk  Please look for the material already here in the forum, and if you can't find it, please ask specific question including as much detail as you can.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2011, 06:49:12 AM »
Thanks again - yeah - I noticed that 127.0.0.1 - was loading the IP for local host  (since that IP could change).

It took me a month to get MP working - I got this working in 2 minutes, but not including TV yet.  Still looks like it would be 24 hours or so.

XBMC feels so much more stable.  Clicking around playing vid n stuff in MP - I was always expecting a crash. (which came true many times). The docs are non exsistant and the support is "vague" to put it nicely. Though I did find some good folks that helped here and there.  I think the issue there is, there are so many people in need of support that there isn't time to address everyone.

Two configuration programs, external to MP - which options were where? then  "team" before media portal so looking for "Media... in program files" was often showig nothing, until I learned "team" then some things were in  programfiles and well others again in programfile data.  It's really a nightmare.  (to many cooks?).  Well I shouldn't complain, - it's free.  And it is cool when it works.

I did have problems with it playing all my video formats.  So far XBMC has played all of them.  (though some of my dvd rips, aren't appearing in the movie library) but that's the least of my questions at this point.

Ok, here we go....

it was one more hard work ;-)

step 1: deinstall you currently XBMC-Version, unrar my TVxbmc.rar and install xbmcPVR-dharma beta4 start and close it

2: install the "MediaPortal_Setup_1.1.0.exe"

3: copy from the folder "MediaPortal_XBMCServer_plugin_bin_v110_rev100_MP110/release the "TVserverXBMC.dll" and "gentle.config" to Team Mediaportal pluginfolder

4: start the Mediaportal TV Server configuration, go to plugins, mark TVserverXBMC.dll then you must config under TV Server your TVcard an close

5: copy from the folder "TVServer_v110_rev75/TVServer_python_plugin/XBMC 10.x/addons/" the plugin.video.tvserver to the user/username/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons folder

6: start XBMC go to system->Add-ons->Enabled Add-ons->PVR clients->and enable "Mediaportal PVR client and MediaPortal TSReader PVR client

PS: I found out that you can in the Task Manager under the Services the TVservice set to stop and restart it, then you need not start the TVserverXBMC.exe

7: go to with Tab to the Folder of the "MediaPortal_XBMCServer_plugin_bin_v110_rev100_MP110/DEBUG and start the "TVServerXBMC.exe" (it start a command windows)

7b: go to homescreen ->videos-> Video add-on -> Mediaportal Server ->Live TV -> all channels (here can you see your running Channels) have a look to the "command window" at Desktop, it may be that you have to start TVserverXBMC.exe once again

8: go back to XBMC -> system -> TV and configure what you need. When you go back to homescreen you have a new menu "Live TV"

sorry for my bad english  :-[  report if it works

Greetings Kalle
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:52:20 AM by Kalle »

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2011, 12:21:10 PM »
Thank you! for the wonderful step by step instructions.

Being lazy ( I skipped the un-install and re-install) I had 1.1.0 mp already installed and already had the  XMBCTV installed.

All was very easy with your excellent instructional steps!

Didn't work (no TV) so I assumed, it wasn't offered in the skin, I had loaded. I went back to the default skin and there it was.
It works!

Now a question or two.

1. MY guide is there, but the channel numbers are all wrong? It counted them  1..2...3...4...5...  rather than actual channel numbers?
I do LOVE the clean guide and the speed at which I Can move through it (faster and cleaner than in MediaPortal).

2. I'm getting a bit of jerky picture like every 1 second I get a speed up - jerky (Jumpy) playback.

3. and no IR control yet.  This was a problem with mediaportal, but I eventually got it working using IRSERVER.  I was in the process of re-doing it in mediaportal when someone suggested I try XBMC...  so I left it in a non working stage in MP.  (must I fix it in MP to get it working in XBMC?)

Rojoyinc

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2011, 12:39:39 PM »
I got channel change via my STB (Dish) working. Needed to turn on the IRserver again in services.

Still have stutter.. will keep playing...   also - I tested record and it turned on and I couldn't seem to stop it.
(will look into that too) though I record very little if anything.

Mainly now need to smooth picture stream.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »
Thank you! for the wonderful step by step instructions.

Being lazy ( I skipped the un-install and re-install) I had 1.1.0 mp already installed and already had the  XMBCTV installed.

All was very easy with your excellent instructional steps!

Didn't work (no TV) so I assumed, it wasn't offered in the skin, I had loaded. I went back to the default skin and there it was.
It works!

Now a question or two.

1. MY guide is there, but the channel numbers are all wrong? It counted them  1..2...3...4...5...  rather than actual channel numbers?
I do LOVE the clean guide and the speed at which I Can move through it (faster and cleaner than in MediaPortal).

2. I'm getting a bit of jerky picture like every 1 second I get a speed up - jerky (Jumpy) playback.

3. and no IR control yet.  This was a problem with mediaportal, but I eventually got it working using IRSERVER.  I was in the process of re-doing it in mediaportal when someone suggested I try XBMC...  so I left it in a non working stage in MP.  (must I fix it in MP to get it working in XBMC?)

that hears fine  ;D

1. any where in the skin you can show to the channel numbers or you can change the chanelnummers in the MP-TV ServerConfiguartions software. I have never tried  ::)

2. search in skin or MP-ConfigServer for buffering - I only use DVB-T and it is running smoothly

3. You can contol XBMC by VoxCommando and EventGhost  8)

Have fun, Greetings Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
XBMC can run in either true full-screen or in a full-screen window.  I think full-screen windows is the default, and I prefer it because it works well with windows desktop composition and you can have overlays on top of it, but true full-screen might be smoother for you.