Author Topic: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.*  (Read 19523 times)

Aniv_D

• View Profile
Re: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.*
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2020, 09:17:55 AM »
Hello, James.
I'm back to you with new bugs found in 2.3.0.8 (probably in earlier versions, I didn't check)
The problem is this.
1. if you run a command to play audio in the PY plugin and the file name starts with the following letters (a, b,f,n,r,t,v,z - does not work) and numbers (1-7, 0 does not work), the code does not work correctly, as shown in screenshot 1.
2. if the file name starts with a capital letter A or B or C, it works correctly, but with other D-Z capital letters it returns an error message, as shown in screenshot 2.

P.S. if these letters and numbers are used in other places (for example, in the middle or end of the name ), then everything works fine.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:20:09 AM by Aniv_D »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2020, 09:41:32 AM »
I don't think this is atually a bug.

I believe this is just the way that Python deals with strings.  Backslash '\' is a special symbol that is used to encode special things.  For example \t is interpreted as a TAB.

Try using double backslashes whenever you want to represent a single backslash.

Example:
Code: [Select]
"D:\\Temp\\Test1.wav"

Aniv_D

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2020, 09:53:58 AM »
damn, right. the way it is. I forgot about '\\'.
Sorry to bother you and thank you for your response.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2020, 10:01:34 AM »
No problem.  I prefer to be told about potential bugs, even if I just end up helping someone, which I am also happy to do.

I can see why you made this mistake.  It is very confusing that in some cases the single backslash works normally.  To me this is a sort of bug, or at least a design flaw in Python itself.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2020, 10:07:45 AM »
Hi jitterjames !!!
I don't know, but it may have been fixed, but still...
I noticed that in 2.3.0.8 in the Russian version there are some errors in the algorithms.
1. Not locked these fields in the algorithm. I think this may confuse users and they will enter data in the wrong fields
2. Some operators contain an extra # character, and the operator "(A)Contains(B)" is also translated and also has an extra #character)

1) is a bug caused because the combobox values for the "IF" operator should not be translated at all.

2) The number signs are used to show things that were computer translated (by a web service like Bing or Google translate).  Uusally, if you see anything that starts with a '#' it means that a human needs to check that the translation is correct.  Once someone tells me that it is correct I can remove the '#'.  If anyone wants to help me with this I can send them a list of these computer translations to be approved or corrected if wrong.

Aniv_D

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2020, 12:48:46 PM »
1) is a bug caused because the combobox values for the "IF" operator should not be translated at all.

2) The number signs are used to show things that were computer translated (by a web service like Bing or Google translate).  Uusally, if you see anything that starts with a '#' it means that a human needs to check that the translation is correct.  Once someone tells me that it is correct I can remove the '#'.  If anyone wants to help me with this I can send them a list of these computer translations to be approved or corrected if wrong.

I could try to do that. (true, some things I don't quite understand, such as in the screenshot and therefore don't know how to translate them)
P.S. could you show an example of using what is in the screenshot

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2020, 10:44:36 AM »
2 phrase payloads are usually used for advanced music payloads.  These are payloads that contain two phrases separated by && which map to a single value.

For example you want to be able to say:

Play [All Along the Watchtower] by [Jimi Hendrix].
or
Play [All Along the Watchtower] by [Bob Dylan].

You might do this if you have multiple versions of the same song by different artists.  I never use this personally but it was requested by users a long time ago.  It can be very hard on memory if you have a large library of songs.  Still it could be useful for some things.

The setting you are asking about allows you to choose the word that connects the two phrases together.  In other words, what word to use for "by".  This would allow us to use different languages.  In French you might want to use "par" as the connector, as in:

Jouer la chanson [Ain't That a Shame] par [John Lennon]

I talked a bit about this feature when it was first released: https://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=488.msg3585#msg3585

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2020, 10:48:11 AM »
GenjXML in the MediaMonkey plugin automatically generates special payload xml files such as "MMSongByArtistShort.xml" whenever the same song is performed by multiple artists.  Here is an example of the xml for the payloads. You can see in the phrase that the song title and the artist are separated by &&.  VC recognizes this as a multi-phrase payload when reading the payload XML files.

Code: [Select]
    <payload>
        <value>6463</value>
        <phrase>96 Tears&amp;&amp;The Stranglers</phrase>
        <subsetmatching>true</subsetmatching>
    </payload>
    <payload>
        <value>6922</value>
        <phrase>96 Tears&amp;&amp;Question Mark &amp; the Mysterians</phrase>
        <subsetmatching>true</subsetmatching>
    </payload>
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:51:50 AM by jitterjames »

Aniv_D

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2020, 12:29:11 PM »
Thank you, it's clearer now.

If you still need a person to check, then I'm ready. And then I really want to fix the Russian version.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2020, 10:26:37 AM »
Great.  Are you able to edit an Excel sheet?

Aniv_D

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2020, 12:19:43 PM »
if you are asking if I have Microsoft Excel or its equivalent, then yes there is.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 12:30:10 PM by Aniv_D »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »
I noticed the AudioEndpoint plugin is 32b only. Will it ever be 64b?

We just released a new version of VoxCommando.

The audioendpoint plugin has been removed, but there are now core actions under Sound.* which allow you to set default inputs and outputs, and they should work in both 32 and 64 bit.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 05:47:39 PM by jitterjames »