Author Topic: Use of Kenitic V2 xbox1 and windows adapter  (Read 1753 times)

NetZero

• View Profile
Use of Kenitic V2 xbox1 and windows adapter
« on: September 08, 2016, 08:15:01 PM »
Can I use a V2 Kenitic with a windows adapter?

Can I send IP commands to a Denon receiver, Gefen switcher, JVC projector?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Use of Kenitic V2 xbox1 and windows adapter
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:32:38 PM »
Hi NetZero.  Welcome to the VC forum.

Search google for VoxCommando Kinect (not Kenitic) and the first hit should be our wiki page for the Kinect: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Kinect_audio

Read a bit of that page and you can see that the Kinect V2 is not supported.  What that actually means is that you can't use it as a noise cancelling microphone array, but you may still be able to use it as a normal Windows microphone.  I don't know because I don't have one, but the V1 Kinect works that way. If used as a normal microphone there are many other microphones that will probably work better and cost less.

As for the other question, yes you can send TCP commands to various programs and devices but it will depend on what each device supports and whether or not you know the protocol for it or if someone else has already figured it out.  I think there may already be some sample commands for at least one type of Denon receiver here on the forum if you search.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:36:31 PM by jitterjames »

NetZero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 09:14:46 PM »
Unfortunately, I already ordered the unit and it shipped today. I will try to send it back. I have a iRule/OnControl liscense. I have a theater room with JVC projector, new 4K Denon receiver, Qnap nas with 900+ movies, a Gefen 4K 8 by 8 HDMI switcher, 16 camera security system, 4K bluray player and a DirectTV receiver. I can route to TVs in all bedrooms and family room. I use an iPad to control iRule app. I also have Vera 3 for home automation. Looking to up grade to voice control for all.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 08:41:39 AM »
Sounds like you have a lot of toys to experiment with while learning to use VoxCommando.

:biglaugh