Author Topic: Control Chrome browser with VC DE/EN  (Read 9489 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Control Chrome browser with VC DE/EN
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »
True, but particularly since Kalle's entire command group uses the direct x plugin anyhow, I used DxInputkeys to type the address in the existing window because it seemed to require fewer lines/hassles than the regular Inputkeys.

:hugs
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:12:15 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »
well it seems to be trying to open lifehacker now, but now when my browser opens through vox it crashes all of my chrome extensions and i just get a blank browser startup page.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 06:08:57 PM »
well it seems to be trying to open lifehacker now, but now when my browser opens through vox it crashes all of my chrome extensions and i just get a blank browser startup page.
Did you use the DxInput plugin? Play with the keypress delay in the plugin settings (test it first with 20) and take also a look to your other commands - it is possible you use a same phrase "open" perhaps in a launch command.
I've test all the posted code above - it works.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »
I've tested the all the launch actions on many systems and never had a problem (and no user has reported a problem before this) so unfortunately for you this problem is specific to your system, or to your macro.  If you want to post the final command xml code that you are using I will look at it to be sure.  As Kalle points out, maybe the problem is with keyboard emulation or something similar.  If you are using Launch.Url you could try switching to Launch.RawParam, or vice versa to see if it makes a difference, or try another browser.  The Launch actions are all managed code using standard .NET methods, so it should work fine and there is almost no chance that this is due to an error in the VC program itself.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 06:42:46 PM »
Did you use the DxInput plugin? Play with the keypress delay in the plugin settings (test it first with 20) and take also a look to your other commands - it is possible you use a same phrase "open" perhaps in a launch command.
I've test all the posted code above - it works.

im working with a completely fresh install of vox. i also just tried another one that has had nothing modified except turning on dxinput and adding your files. ive also turned dxinput settings to 20. I am still getting the same issue when chrome launches just a blank screen that says all of my extensions have crashed at the bottom right. I thought maybe it was an issue with my extensions so i turned them all off completely, still the same issue but without the popups notifying me of extension crashes.

This works fine as long as i have chrome already open but no matter what i do if i use vox to open chrome itself it crashes. ive also tried creating a command just to open chrome alone using:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="300" name="launch chrome" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Launch.RawParam</cmdType>
    <cmdString>{path.pfx86}\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>open, launch, run, start</phrase>
  <phrase>chrome, google chrome, web browser, browser</phrase>
</command>

still this does not work either so it must be isolated as you said.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »
You could try a few things

- Uninstall chrome - reinstall it

- Try another browser like IE or firefox if you have it installed.  This might not be a good solution for you but it would be interesting to see if the problem is with chrome only.

- Use a batch file to open chrome.  this could still be set up to use your payloads with a little fancy footwork...

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
fixed it im an idiot. had VC installed in my documents folder instead of in my programs(x86). moving it there seems to have fixed it all. im guessing a permissions problem?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »
Normally I strongly recommend against putting it in your program files folder.

go figure.

I don't know about your other folder permissions, but normally it does not work well in program files unless you open VC as admin every time, because windows won't let VC write files in that location.  (permission thing)

Might be that you solved the proglem simply by moving to a new location.  Try C:\VoxCommando or similar.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »
It could be that when you run it from there it is asking your for permission to run as admin?  If that is the case, it could be that elevated privilege that vox now has allows you to open chrome without problems, but normally this should not be necessary.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 09:53:53 PM »
yep works fine at the root level of my c: drive i dont know of any permissions that would have stopped vox from accessing it but it all seems to be working great now, thanks again fellas.