Author Topic: Play Last Media (for XBMC)  (Read 2222 times)

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Play Last Media (for XBMC)
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
This command group allows for voice-command re-starting of the last media (video or music) that you stopped playback using a specific voice command (which is also provided in this command group).

How it works:

You say "Playback Stop" to stop playback of a video or music file. This causes the currently playing filename to be saved in a file ( VC.Path/lastmedia.xml ) before its playback is stopped.

Then, later on, you can say "Play Last Media". This causes the filename to be read from VC.Path/lastmedia.xml and playback commences.

Notes:
  • I have named the "Stop" command within this group as "Playback Stop" to distinguish it from the regular "Stop [music, playback]" bundled with VC.
  • If this works for you, you can delete the original "Stop [music, playback]" command and rename "Playback Stop" to "Stop [music, playback]".
  • I have only tested this with the latest version of XBMC (11.0 "Eden").

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Play Last Media (for XBMC)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »
This command group allows for voice-command re-starting of the last media (video or music) that you stopped playback using a specific voice command (which is also provided in this command group).

How it works:

You say "Playback Stop" to stop playback of a video or music file. This causes the currently playing filename to be saved in a file ( VC.Path/lastmedia.xml ) before its playback is stopped.

Then, later on, you can say "Play Last Media". This causes the filename to be read from VC.Path/lastmedia.xml and playback commences.

Notes:
  • I have named the "Stop" command within this group as "Playback Stop" to distinguish it from the regular "Stop [music, playback]" bundled with VC.
  • If this works for you, you can delete the original "Stop [music, playback]" command and rename "Playback Stop" to "Stop [music, playback]".
  • I have only tested this with the latest version of XBMC (11.0 "Eden").

Good work  ::bow
Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********