Author Topic: Control Netflix.com using RoboBrowser  (Read 4598 times)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Control Netflix.com using RoboBrowser
« on: April 10, 2016, 12:35:35 AM »
Voxcommando and Netflix.com video demo

This setup should work with any resolution, I tested it on my laptop as windowed and full screen plus my main setup 1920x1080 and all you have to change is the PosterCount (explained below)

and it should work on any windows version that Voxcommando can run on  :)

Required Plugins:
RoboBrowser
Python
DxInput

after Enabling the plugins above, add VcCollection_Netflix.xml to your Voxcommando tree and save and exit the tree

to make sure all the commands work correctly you'll need to execute "Launch Netflix / Reload Home" and count how many full posters you see in the first row, you will need to change Results.SetVar - PosterCount - 6 to the number of full posters you see in the following commands (say "Netflix Close" to close Netflix after counting the posters)

Launch Netflix / Reload Home
Browse Netflix {1} Genres
Netflix Search

there is a Group.DisableRegEx in the following commands that you will want to edit based on the groups you need to disable while using Netflix

Launch Netflix / Reload Home
Browse Netflix {1} Genres
Netflix Search
Netflix RoboB Cast
Netflix Close (discrete)
(Group.EnableRegEx)

Recommended Remote Setup:
Button(s)     Command
*Up, Down, Left, Right-----Direction Relay
Ok/Select-----Netflix Select
Back-----Netflix Back / Exit
Play, Pause-----Netflix Play all-Play/Pause
Info-----Netlfix Details View / Playback Info
any extra Button-----Netflix Trailers & Recaps
any extra button-----Netflix More Like This
Record / any extra button-----Netflix Add/Remove My-List
*num pad 1-5-----Netflix Star Ratings 1-5
Stop-----Netflix Stop (Playback)
Rewind-----Netflix Rewind (Playback)
Fast Forward-----Netflix Fastforward (Playback)
**any extra button-----Netflix Error Button (Needs more Testing)

*= uses one Event and {1} contains 1,2,3,4,5 or Up,Down,Left,Right

**=while testing and Building this collection I only had the error button show up once, so I haven't been able to test it

any command in the collection that starts with * , you can change the event name to work with your current setup,

for all other commands if you need a different event you will need to add another event to that command, as the original is used by other parts of the collection

I have Attached NetSelect.wav and NetNav.wav if you would like sound playback while navigating Netflix, place the .wav files in your Wavs folder, and enable Sound.PlayWav in the following commands to get the sound playback while navigating:

*Netflix Select
*Netflix Play all - Play/Pause
*Netflix Add / Remove My-List
*Netflix Star Ratings 1-5
Netlfix Back / Exit
Netflix UP
Netflix DOWN
Netflix Left
Netflix Right

during playback if you see this pop up window
commercial photography locations
pressing the play button should resume video playback

after you have signed in and launched Netflix, say "Update Netflix Profiles" this will create a payload file of your profiles so you can launch them by voice,

NetflixGenres.xml attached below should be put in your payloads folder, it contains over 3,500 different Netflix Genres, I randomly tested some of them and most of them work, I included them all just in case they are based on region, I found all the genre links here: http://whatsonnetflix.com/netflix-hacks/the-netflix-id-bible-every-category-on-netflix/

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:13:23 PM by PegLegTV »

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Control Netflix.com using RoboBrowser
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 12:35:54 AM »
*Netflix RoboB Cast command setup

this will show you how to setup eventghost so you can use *Netflix RoboB Cast as I did at the end of the video

1.) Download the the pushbullet plugin for eventghost and follow the instructions here
http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5709

2.) Configure the Pushbullet plugin so it looks like So:
       A.) Nickname of this "device": - Call it what ever you would like

B.) API Key: = Access Tokens, you can create one under settings and Account at Pushbullet.com

C.) Encryption Password: the password you use with your Pushbullet account

D.) Event prefix: - PushBullet

E.) Click Ok

3.) Test out the Pushbullet plugin by sending a link to the new "device", you should see something like PushBullet.Link.* in the eventghost history

4.) if you don't have the Broadcaster plugin setup in eventghost yet follow the instructions here: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=EventGhost

5.) create new macro, select Broadcaster and configure it like so:

6.) find PushBullet.Link.* in your eventghost history window, if you don't see one send another link (the * is a wild card the ending will be different with every link) drag the event to the new macro you just created, now edit the event so it looks like: PushBullet.Link.*

7.) right click the macro and select add action, select "Wait Some Time" under eventghost, set the wait time to 5 seconds

8.) right click the macro and select add action, select "Delete Push" under PushBullet, configure it like so:
9.) make sure you click save at the top of eventghost, when your are finished it should look like so:

and now you are up and running and ready to Cast Netflix videos from the Netflix App to Voxcommando  8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:10:18 PM by PegLegTV »

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 10:59:19 PM »
impressive ... love the cast thing ...
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
Sorry to say but I no longer have a Netflix Account so I won't be able to keep this up to date with changes made to the website.

if someone else is interested in taking over this command group, let me know and I can walk you through what I can.

when I was making my new video for the Remote Lite app I noticed a couple things that weren't working right.

1.) couldn't Navigate the profile screen

2.) when navigating the home screen, the command was no longer clicking the caret to scroll the rows left and right

Netflix.com must of have done an update recently, but I didn't have enough time to look into the problems