Author Topic: James awesome HALX Eventghost plugiin  (Read 7341 times)

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
James awesome HALX Eventghost plugiin
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:08:08 PM »
He guys,

Can someone repost James awesome plugin for HALX in Eventghost?

It got taken down and I've lost the software since a reinstall of windows.

Thanks in advance.

-P
Home automation guides for idiots like me by an idiot (me)...
https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfsweb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: James awesome HALX Eventghost plugiin
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »
Yes.  Sorry, here it is.

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 06:39:15 AM »
Thank you mate.  You're the best.  Have been spreading the word about VOX wherever I can, got a dude in my home town signed up and a new friend in Poland off the back of one of my youtube demos :)

-P

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »
Thank you.  Your help in spreading the word is GREATLY appreciated. :D

Firedomain

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 01:20:40 AM »
Hi!

I registered on the forums just now & bought VC last night as I've used it in the past & although I didn't have it working great it was still a lot of fun to use & clearly has a ton of potential!

To the point... What is this EG HALX plugin?
I googled it but did not find much

Lastly, I noticed my payment item number was 087
Is this number how many copies you have sold? (I would imagine not...)
If so I'm completely shocked how small that value is!

Thanks
Just remember that with great power comes great opportunity to really mess things up. - James

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 01:56:56 AM »
Hi!

I registered on the forums just now & bought VC last night as I've used it in the past & although I didn't have it working great it was still a lot of fun to use & clearly has a ton of potential!

To the point... What is this EG HALX plugin?
I googled it but did not find much

Lastly, I noticed my payment item number was 087
Is this number how many copies you have sold? (I would imagine not...)
If so I'm completely shocked how small that value is!

Thanks
Hi Firedomain and welcome in VC-Forum.
The HALX plugin is for the HALX controller (no longer available, the new controller HALi comming soon (I hope so)) you can find some informations about the new controller here: http://lifetek.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=13

Have fun with us in this forum  ;)

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 05:59:33 AM »
Just a very brief overview...

It is a box that connects directly to your router and has its own IP address on the network.

Vox commando and Eventghost amongst other applications can send requests to it and it in turn can blast RF signals to things like plug sockets and light switches.

It also has IR functionality for controlling televisions, amplifiers, projectors or whatever.  It sends the IR signals via RF to a little repeater in whatever room you want to control, RF can go through walls and ceilings so you don't have to necessarily have the HALX in the same room as the stuff you are controlling.

It's really simple to use, and it would appear quite easy to develop your own applications.  The guy who built it is stupendously helpful and I hope that he finishes his HALI because I want one!!

Thanks,

-P

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »
And 87 is just an arbitrary product number. I'm not sure what the current count of users is but probably closer to 300.  And growing, slowly, but steadily.

EG is often used here to abbreviate EventGhost.

SeanCRS1

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »
Hey James and group,
I have been away a while and haven't had time to do much with the Home Automation stuff but have picked back up and started again and very excited about some new hardware options.  I have been tinkering with the KineMote and Xbox Kinect Sensor... My dream is to have the the whole automation completely hands-free, mics and gestures to control everything.  Eventually probably going to use the Microsoft API to build a very simple gesture list and hopefully focus the camera as distance and lighting obviously play a huge part in the recognition.  But anyhow way off topic there...

Long story short the Kinect Mic actually works darn well in my house, although still not as well as the VoxWave android app =D...  My last part of the home automation gambit is turning on and controlling IR devices with VoxCommando.  Until recently I had given up then I watched the Youtube Video you did James and was blown away... AMAZING video!  I have looked into HALX and now HaLi but my understanding is they are both Europe based only?  Can anyone confirm if these devices are available in the U.S.A. yet and exactly what devices I would need to purchase?  I am certainly not opposed to being lab rat but hoping someone has been down this road and can shed some light.

Thanks!

Sean
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?”
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 13

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »
Hi Sean,

Well, Exterminator would need to correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that Halx (or Hali etc) is available to purchase at the moment, regardless of your location.

If you only want to use it with VoxCommando anyway, I would recommend getting the USB-UIRT which is made in the US, and is less expensive than either the Halx or the iTach.  Just google it.  The main thing to remember with the USB-UIRT is that you must operate it via a computer (awake).

SeanCRS1

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 01:04:38 PM »
James,
As always thanks for the speedy response.  I had checked out the USB-UIRT before but for what ever reason though it only controlled one device, obviously didn't do my homework on that one.  Have ordered it and excited to get it up and running!

Sincerely,

Sean
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?”
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 13

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »
I have looked into HALX and now HaLi but my understanding is they are both Europe based only?  Can anyone confirm if these devices are available in the U.S.A. yet and exactly what devices I would need to purchase?  I am certainly not opposed to being lab rat but hoping someone has been down this road and can shed some light.

Hi
The halx, hali (now called Unimote) are not just Europe based, it does work worldwide. The devices are not available to buy anywhere just yet, although I am hoping to  sell them some day. I have been developing  this home automation controller for over 3 years, and decided to take a break.   I would like to point out that I developed this home automation controller for my needs first. I needed a home automation controller that was able to control All my RF devices, IR devices, Rs232 devices, RS485 devices, control and be controlled by voxcommando  (thanks James).  At this moment the Unimote (improved version of halx, hali) is being tested and when I'm happy with it and  added a few more features to it (e.g UIRT clone), I may decide to  sell it.  If you require more info about Unimote  you can visit my forum http://lifetek.co.uk/forum/index.php or you can contact me through this forum.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
Hey X.

What do you mean by uirt clone?

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 08:47:41 PM »
Hey X.

What do you mean by uirt clone?

I am hoping to clone the usbuirt protocol into Unimote, this will enable us to capture all IR protocols like Usbuirt.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.