Author Topic: Installing vox commando and some basics  (Read 5072 times)

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Installing vox commando and some basics
« on: August 05, 2012, 06:29:16 PM »
Hi guys,

Nothing hugely new here, but with my limited skill I didn't feel I had much to give back to the community outside of some simple guides for the less technical amongst us.

If nothing else I'm hoping it will just serve to bring some interest from around my part of the country...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Td2KxbKdwZo

Cheers

-P
Home automation guides for idiots like me by an idiot (me)...
https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfsweb

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Installing vox commando and some basics
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 08:10:09 PM »
Hi guys,

Nothing hugely new here, but with my limited skill I didn't feel I had much to give back to the community outside of some simple guides for the less technical amongst us.

If nothing else I'm hoping it will just serve to bring some interest from around my part of the country...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Td2KxbKdwZo

Cheers

-P
Good job  :clap
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
Wowie wow wow.  That's so amazing Mr. Wolf!  I don't know what to say.  I AM blushing.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate this.  Great videos and really fun to watch too.  The wife and I were very entertained.

Oh by the way, I was a tad confused at first trying to watch the link on my pc.  Just had to remove the .m from the url.

I hope you make more!  I also noticed your demo:
&feature=plcp

I didn't even know about that.  It looks like you put that up in March.  Did you tell me and I missed it somehow?  If so, I am sorry.  It's great stuff.  I'll be posting this to my facebook and twitter etc.

::banana ::banana ::banana ::banana ::banana

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
Thank you very much. Anything you get out if it is well deserved. You've put a lot of time into supporting me so I wanted to do something in return.

I enjoyed it to be honest. Would love to do more as it's something I've not done before and imparting knowledge is something I've always enjoyed (even it is just my understanding of something far more clever).

I don't think I did send you my original video. Not sure why!

On a separate note I see the HALX stuff has gone :( I'm so glad I got to know Mij through this forum as he has been remarkably kind. I think the home automation crowd (Vox HALX and XBMC) are some of the nicest folk I've met.

-P

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 01:14:17 PM »
Thank you very much. Anything you get out if it is well deserved. You've put a lot of time into supporting me so I wanted to do something in return.

I enjoyed it to be honest. Would love to do more as it's something I've not done before and imparting knowledge is something I've always enjoyed (even it is just my understanding of something far more clever).

I don't think I did send you my original video. Not sure why!

On a separate note I see the HALX stuff has gone :( I'm so glad I got to know Mij through this forum as he has been remarkably kind. I think the home automation crowd (Vox HALX and XBMC) are some of the nicest folk I've met.

-P
Mij create his own forum for the "HALX" (the new controller get also a new name  ;) ) I let you know the forum address if I have one. I think Mij take always a look here in the forum, so feel free to send him a PM  ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:59:05 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »
Excellent job on the two videos.  If you have the inclination to do more, particularly on using eventghost with vox.  I would find that interesting.  Thank you!   :D

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 04:14:54 PM »
Hi Mclough6

Just realised you are here as well as on the youtube channel.

I've never tried to export anything before so I think I've done it right!

Not sure the GGweather plugin needs replacing in the instructions because I can't remember if I downloaded it at the time to get it working so I've recommended overwriting it just in case.

I'm pretty sure I got the XML from Kalle originally and it's his work that does the clever bit, so I think you have him to thank!

[attachment=1]

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 04:58:32 PM »
The weather plugin that comes with VC should be the latest one.  If it isn't or doesn't work for some reason please let me know.

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
@MrWolf

On a separate note I see the HALX stuff has gone
The stuff may have gone but I'm still here and "halx" is my creation. I'll have my own forum, up and running soon.

I'm so glad I got to know Mij through this forum as he has been remarkably kind.
Thank you. This is the only forum i really hangout in  and will continue hanging out in, if it's not a problem (i like the people here).

I think the home automation crowd (Vox HALX and XBMC) are some of the nicest folk I've met.
I totally agree. There are some nice folks out there who care.

Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.