Author Topic: Version 0.799  (Read 3689 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Version 0.799
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:57:56 AM »
It's still a bit twitchy but I don't have time to do a lot of testing so I'll leave that to you!

This one will update your voicecommands file automatically, and should make a backup as well.

You can drag xml files onto the command tree to import them, and you can right-click on groups to export them.

If you want take a look at the change log

after you back up your existing folder, you can just unzip this to the main VC directory.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 06:22:13 PM by jitterjames »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.7999999999
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:27:22 PM »
Hi.

Just installed new version.

My voicecommands file was not updated und things like VC on and standby did not work anymore.
And there was made no backup.

Only after adjusting the commands manually I could use VC commands like on and standby.
Other things I have not even tested.

With the new command action structure is "Paramters" still necessary? I mean not ...

And what's with the the option command vor VC? It's not in "AvailableCommands.xml".

Siutsch.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »
when you open the commandtree editor it should update your commands, and create a backup file called voicecommands.bak

It should also give you a message when to start if your voicecommands.xml was created with an older version and has not been backup up.  I don't know why it is not working for you. 

Most commands do not need a parameter anymore.  Some still do, especially xbmc,wmc,tts,osd etc.

Yes I forgot to add VC.Option.  Here is a new version of the availablecommands.xml

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 03:01:48 PM »
Siutsch, is it possible to zip up and send your VC folder from BEFORE you tried to update so that I can test it.  I would like to figure out why it is not updating for you.  You can email it to james@voxcommando.com

thanks

edit: you must rename .zip to .jpg or my mail server will reject it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:55:33 AM by jitterjames »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »
Just mailed it.

But already with new availablecommands.xml.

Siutsch.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.799
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 06:21:20 PM »
Hi, i discovered a little bug in V0.799 . In earlier Versions 0.794 you could enable listening in standby mode by saying one  the trigger words under VOX Command -Listen to enable listening, this doesnt work in 0.799 anymore.

Some other users seem to be having a problem with the auto-update feature so I am making a note here:

starting in version 0.79 the command format has changed to use dot notation.

In the older versions you would enter a command in the builder like this:

command: VoxCommando
parameters: On  (or listen)

The new way looks like this:
command: VC.On
parameters: <blank>     (don't type the word blank!, just leave the field empty  ::))

We still use parameters, but many commands now are being broken into Main Commands and Sub Commands, and sometimes we use the parameter but sometimes we do not.

When you start VC it should detect that you have an older version xml file and give you a warning.  Then you need to open the editor and save your commands.  At this point, it should update your commands to the new format automatically.

If it does not update for some reason (or you get no warning) you have some options:

1 - You can try to edit the voicecommands.xml file with a text editor (notepad or whatever).  Near the top of the file it will say the version.  If you change this back to 0.7 and run VoxCommando again, it should again try to update.

For example it will look like this:    <VoiceCommands version="0.799">

Change it to this:       <VoiceCommands version="0.7">

and restart VC

2 - If only a few commands are broken, you can edit them in the command builder.  Click the magic wand to see the new commands.  If you have any questions about the new format, this is probably a good thread to post them.

3 - If this does not work, you can send me your voicecommands.xml and I'll be HAPPY to update it for you.

I apologize to anyone affected by this bug.  I went to a lot of trouble to create the auto-updated so that this would not be an issue.  I don't know what is causing it, but maybe it is a culture/language problem, because I tried updates on several computers and it always worked for me.  Thanks for you understanding.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:52:43 PM »
I have posted version 0.8 to the main download page: http://www.voxcommando.com/downloads.asp

It is basically just version 0.799 packaged together with all the files and an updated voicecommands.xml

I didn't want any more new users using the old version and then having trouble upgrading.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »