Author Topic: Version 0.920 +  (Read 3768 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Version 0.920 +
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »
Big small release!

Beta testers, please test this for me.  I am hoping to make it an official release for the downloads page.

I am hoping it will:

1) cope with UAC issues that prevent it from running when placed in your programs files.  New users sometimes try to run VC from there and it used to crash because VC did not have the right to modify files.
2) cope with different language configurations better.  If you try to run a configuration on a machine that does not have the correct language installed, you should now get a warning and it will switch to another language temporarily.
3) I cleaned up the main folder.  There are now less .dll files in the main VC folder since they have been merged into voxcommando.exe

I also added some other stuff.  In particular I added a couple buttons in the editor for opening or testing commands more easily.

I also changed the code for plugins to make some new things possible, but you won't see any evidence of that yet.

Hopefully I haven't created any new bugs... :)

this one feels like the great grand parent of a version 1.0 release candidate...

edit: updated attachment to 0.921
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:21:18 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.920
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
or maybe the great, great, great, grand-parent. :biglaugh

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.920
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »
Wow, great job James, everthing works perfect!  :hugs ::bow

Big, big, big THANKS

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.920 +
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
I updated the attachment in the fist post to version 0.921

the biggest new change is that in the command editor, you can CTRL-CLICK-DRAG to copy groups, commands, etc.

also you can right-click in the bin (the tree on the right)  now to export a group

when you click "Save All and Close" it will confirm before saving the Bin file, so you don't accidentally overwrite it if you were dragging stuff out of it.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:09:01 PM »
I updated the attachment in the fist post to version 0.921

the biggest new change is that in the command editor, you can CTRL-CLICK-DRAG to copy groups, commands, etc.

also you can right-click in the bin (the tree on the right)  now to export a group

when you click "Save All and Close" it will confirm before saving the Bin file, so you don't accidentally overwrite it if you were dragging stuff out of it.
perfectly implemented -  :clap

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Stu1983

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »
Whats the best approach for updating? If I install to the same directory it doesn't 'clean up the main folder'
If i install to a new folder what files do I need to move over from my old version?

Thanks
Stu

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »
Welcome Stu,

The fact that it doesn't clean up the main folder is not a big problem (it's just a few .dll files that you could delete by hand) but if you want to install to a fresh folder with a new version and then move some files over you can.

Usually it is enough to copy just these two files:

voicecommands.xml
options.xml

and then do your GenXML for whichever program you are using (xbmc, mediamonkey, etc)
Whether or not you need other files will depend on your setup.  There could be many different files that are being used.  If you have custom smart playlists for xbmc then you could copy the smarts folder.  If you use any custom payloadXML files you need to copy them over too.  If you have any custom settings in plugins those are stored in the plugins folders themselves.

Give it a shot with just the two main files and see how it goes.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
anyone who is interested in using VoxCommando with MediaPortal please visit this site and vote for issue # 526 by clicking the star

http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=526&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary

thanks.  I think you just need a google id to be able to do this?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 09:42:04 AM »
New toys for everyone!

Get version 0.930 here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=659.0