Author Topic: Systray icon  (Read 2519 times)

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Systray icon
« on: February 07, 2011, 12:35:40 PM »
I like the new feature where there is an icon in the systray, but would it be possible to let it check if it's already running ?
Current you can start the software multiple times, maybe it's me but I don't see the use in that.

Also when you click or doubleclick the icon in the systray the vox windows is enabled to the background, meaning you can see it come active when you have nothing on your desktop but if you have something else open full screen it' opens behind that and thus not visible(if someone presses as systray icon, it is normally his intention to open and see that program on the foreground)

My 2 cents

Regards
Auri
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:43:21 PM by Auri »
Challenge us at your own peril!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Systray icon
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 12:52:54 PM »
some people use multiple versions of VC in different languages running side by side.

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
some people use multiple versions of VC in different languages running side by side.

Oooh cool, didn't think of that :D

What about the systray click and double click ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »
The system tray works as intended (i.e. by design).  Single click toggles visibility.  If it was minimized when you hid it, it will still be minimized when you unhide it.  This is intentional.  You might want it to always be minimized, but be able to toggle it's visibility on and off to make it dissapear and reappear on the taskbar.  I personally like to leave it on the taskbar (minimized but visible) because then I can easily see the state, and the last command.

The one enhancement that I could think of adding that would fit with my intended design, would be that if you unhide it when it is not minimized, it should also bring it to the front in case it is hiding behind other windows.

The other option would be to add a bunch of right click options, but I find this to be generally rather cumbersome for the user.  Ther are a few on there already, but I for one never use them.

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:32:25 PM »
The one enhancement that I could think of adding that would fit with my intended design, would be that if you unhide it when it is not minimized, it should also bring it to the front in case it is hiding behind other windows.

I'd like that.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »
OK, no problem.  It'll be in 0.874

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile