Author Topic: Sonos - Creategroup command  (Read 1417 times)

Darcy

• View Profile
Sonos - Creategroup command
« on: March 20, 2016, 01:17:21 PM »
Hi,

I've tried the Sonos.CreateGroup command and it doesn't seem to do anything.  Via my Sonos app I do not see that the group has been created and when I play music to the group it only plays to the last player selected.  I'm using Voxcommando 2.2.1.6.  Thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Sonos - Creategroup command
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 02:43:27 PM »
Hi Darcy,

Sonos.CreateGroup always works perfectly for me, although I don't use it very often.  Are you sure you are providing the correct player names as parameters for the action?

If you are and it's still not working, then please let me know what kind of Sonos players you are using and post a log file.  I only have a "Play3" and a "Connect" to test with but I think it should work fine with all normal players ("Play1", "Play5" and "AMP") but I'm not sure about Playbars and Subs.

You can also try Sonos.PartyMode.  It works the same way as CreateGroup but you don't need to pass any player names as parameters.

Darcy

• View Profile
Re: Sonos - Creategroup command
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 10:16:27 PM »
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your quick response.  My problem was the group name in my vc command was not the same as my sonos rooms (zones).  Live and learn.  I did't want to use partymode as it would include my outdoor speakers and I was creating an indoor paging system using vc and sonos.  All works now.  Next project is creating a timer to remind me to do something in x minutes or at a specific time (similar to your video).  I'm having a great time working with vc.  I look forward to your next enhancements.  All the best.